Revised Poll for the Date of the 6th Gersnet Dinner

What date do you prefer for the next Gersnet Dinner  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What date do you prefer for the next Gersnet Dinner

• 10 March v Celtic
    • 17 March v Kilmarnock
    • 7 April v Dundee
    • other

I would say after the old firm game on the 10th of march which will probably be moved to a noon +\- kick-off. That would allow Craig to attend and what a party it will be if we win. If Craig and I can't get tickets then we can watch it together in the stadium bar and join the rest from there.

Is that a plan?

Both games this past season were 12.00pm or 12.15pm kick offs but it could also be moved to the Sunday.

Non season ticket holders are unlikely to get a ticket so that might cost us some who might otherwise attend and chose to watch at home or in local pubs.

There is the added difficulty of restaurant arrangements when they are bound to be very busy; but they might accept it if we can guarantee say 25 for the private room.

It might also be an issue guest speaker wise after an old firm game; but I can see the attraction.

Personally I think it's best after a "normal" league game but will go with the majority.

You can vote for "other" or I can redo the poll; perhaps the latter would be best.

EDIT: Revised poll now posted, previous votes do not count.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Re a guest speaker.... my kid gets private training sessions with Kevin Thomson - I am yet to meet Kevin though have spoken to him numerous times via email and his wife - but will more than likely meet him when I am over in a couple of weeks. Would be happy to sound him out to see if he would be interested in being a guest speaker, if you would like me to.

Re a guest speaker.... my kid gets private training sessions with Kevin Thomson - I am yet to meet Kevin though have spoken to him numerous times via email and his wife - but will more than likely meet him when I am over in a couple of weeks. Would be happy to sound him out to see if he would be interested in being a guest speaker, if you would like me to.

Thanks.

I have a couple or irons in the fire, I had to abandon my first choice last time because of the SLO changeover; but have already sounded out GM and my plan was to go back when we have a firm date. The player I have in mind is a genuine legend and hall of famer, who I think would be a very attractive guest and I also know him well enough from my refereeing days to think that he'll do it for me for expenses only; but I could be wrong, and he's also getting on in years.

So absolutely no harm in sounding out Kevin, if not this time then for the future.

He's quite often in the commentary box with Rangers TV right in front of me, so I can speak to him if you set it up.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Both games this past season were 12.00pm or 12.15pm kick offs but it could also be moved to the Sunday.

Non season ticket holders are unlikely to get a ticket so that might cost us some who might otherwise attend and chose to watch at home or in local pubs.

There is the added difficulty of restaurant arrangements when they are bound to be very busy; but they might accept it if we can guarantee say 25 for the private room.

It might also be an issue guest speaker wise after an old firm game; but I can see the attraction.

Personally I think it's best after a "normal" league game but will go with the majority.

You can vote for "other" or I can redo the poll; perhaps the latter would be best.

Not being bumboy but if I can attend I would rather Craig was there than a guest speaker if that is the only struggling block.

Thanks.

I have a couple or irons in the fire, I had to abandon my first choice last time because of the SLO changeover; but have already sounded out GM and my plan was to go back when we have a firm date. The player I have in mind is a genuine legend and hall of famer, who I think would be a very attractive guest and I also know him well enough from my refereeing days to think that he'll do it for me for expenses only; but I could be wrong, and he's also getting on in years.

So absolutely no harm in sounding out Kevin, if not this time then for the future.

He's quite often in the commentary box with Rangers TV right in front of me, so I can speak to him if you set it up.

you've got Scott Nisbet !..........who can forget that ball over the Bruges keeper

Not being bumboy but if I can attend I would rather Craig was there than a guest speaker if that is the only struggling block.

That's fair enough and no disrespect at all to you and Craig but it's clear from past experience that overall more people will attend if we have a good quality guest speaker(s).

This is an entirely neutral standpoint as the organiser.

Anyway, I'll put up a revised poll and you can transfer this thread across.

Please vote in the revised poll which now includes the Celtic game on 10 March.

Previous votes are no longer valid.

Admin please transfer over posts from previous poll thread and make this a sticky over the weekend, thanks.

Edited by BrahimHemdani