17 members have voted

1. 1. What date do you prefer for the next Gersnet Dinner

• 10 March v Celtic
    • 17 March v Kilmarnock
    • 7 April v Dundee
    • other

Not fussed over either date or speaker.

That's fine but please vote.

EDIT: I suppose it's fair enough to abstain but I'd rather those who are likely to attend indicate their preference in terms of date.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

EDIT: I suppose it's fair enough to abstain but I'd rather those who are likely to attend indicate their preference in terms of date.

We could have given the option to have more than 1 vote. I personally also don't have a preference. When I am in Scotland I lodge with my brother-in-law who is a die-hard Celtic supporter. He even went to the tim las Vegas convention. The Celtic game would be a joy or a nightmare for me but I am up for the challenge.

I'll pay for the first bottle of red wine on the table. I feel somewhat embarrassed that before leaving my contribution to the kitty was the same as a lady who'd only had a couple of glasses of juice or similar.

I can only plead that a liquid lunch and the agony caused by brand new shoes prevented me redressing the balance at that time. :cheers:

No point in me voting BH. Take it as read that, apart from 21 Jan to 12 Feb I'll be there.

while I thoroughly enjoyed the food the last time my choice would be Indian cuisine. I will have no problem with the same menu but Indian food is my favourite.

I'll pay for the first bottle of red wine on the table. I feel somewhat embarrassed that before leaving my contribution to the kitty was the same as a lady who'd only had a couple of glasses of juice or similar.

I can only plead that a liquid lunch and the agony caused by brand new shoes prevented me redressing the balance at that time. :cheers:

You are quite correct but it doesn't just apply to you.

In the past we only took a fiver from the soft drinkers and it was my mistake not to do so last time. I think what happened was that it was a relatively small bill and I just divided it up by the number attending after CS paid for one bottle, or certainly had that intention.

Having one drinks bill makes life a lot easier for the bar staff and facilitated the "first drink free" (which itself was a one off); but it can also lead to an imbalance as did occur in Jan 16, when some wine drinkers in particular paid less than their fair share, whilst those who were left at the end had to make up the balance.

If we had been in the private room the intention was to work on a per table basis and that would be my intention next time.

while I thoroughly enjoyed the food the last time my choice would be Indian cuisine. I will have no problem with the same menu but Indian food is my favourite.

I would vote for malaga tapas everytime.

Both have their pros and cons.

In my opinion the food and service at Malaga Tapas is the best we have had but Spanish doesn't suit everyone and it is a bit of drive through the traffic. The main issue however is that they no longer have the restaurant next door so we cannot get the private space necessary for a speaker. That said I'm sure he would accommodate us mid afternoon when they are quieter. It's the most expensive option.

The big advantage of the Indian Brasserie is that it is 5 minutes walking distance from Ibrox. Indian certainly suits many and European is available for those who prefer to avoid spicy food. The downside is that they had great difficulty serving all the tables at once which resulted in some not getting served desert at all and it was disappointing that they felt the need to charge for meals that were not taken. There were a couple of other issues that I would rather not discuss here. The cheapest option and we may get the place to ourselves if we have sufficient numbers. That said I know of one SC that took more than us and still had to share and I very much doubt they would close it for us if it is the Celtic game.

La Fiorentina is a 20/25 minute walk form Ibrox and I think all who were there enjoyed the food and the service was excellent IMO. I feel they deserve a second bite at the cherry as we did not achieve the numbers for the private room that they had reserved for us. Mid level price wise.

I would prefer to go back to La Fiorentina (although Malaga Tapas is my personal favourite) which would mean we have been in each place twice; but if there is a difference of opinion then I'm happy to put up a poll.