Revised Poll for the Date of the 6th Gersnet Dinner

What date do you prefer for the next Gersnet Dinner  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What date do you prefer for the next Gersnet Dinner

• 10 March v Celtic
    • 17 March v Kilmarnock
    • 7 April v Dundee
    • other

As there have been a number of comments on the next dinner, I've had a look at dates.

The most successful dinner to date was in January 2016 but I think it's fair to say that that owed a lot to the special guests Willie Johnston & Colin Stein.

The last two attempts at an end of season dinner didn't work out very well because of the difficulty of not knowing the play-off and post-split fixture dates.

There have also been some suggestions of making it an end of season awards dinner for player of the year, prediction league winner etc. However, that would again mean the same issue of not knowing the post-split fixtures until the month before. I didn't think that would be a big issue but there is no doubt it did affect the attendance last time.

If we were to have a mid season dinner, the only dates that look feasible are Dec 9 v Ross County or Dec 16 v St Johnstone; I think both are likely to remain as Sat 3.00pm fixtures but that can't be guaranteed. We don't have a Sat home game in Jan 18.

Looking at end of season the obvious dates are Mar 17 v Kilmarnock or the last scheduled home game on Apr 7 v Dundee; again one would think these will be Sat 3.00pm.

Personally I think that the last scheduled home game is the obvious choice but it would rule out end of season awards unless there was a cut off imposed.

Thoughts?

I'll put up a poll if there is a divergence of opinion.

I would propose to go back to La Fiorentina who all present rated highly in terms of food and service and they are also due a shot at a larger attendance in view of the low numbers last time.

Edited by pete

I'm going to Zante for a friend's wedding next June/July so that should free up my social diary in the months preceding it - stag do notwithstanding obviously.

Early January is usually problematic for me as we usually go to CenterParcs during that time.

I would prefer a date where I can book my flight well in advance as it is far cheaper. I gambled when booking this year and was lucky it worked out perfect, but I would prefer knowledge in advance.

The earlier we know the date the better but that doesn't mean people end up having to change their plans.

For example, I'd suggest BH's offering of early April makes most sense for me as it stands but it may be the stag I'm going to is arranged for that weekend further down the line.

Either the Killie in March or Dundee in April look perfect choices. Neither should be moved for tv, weather "should" be improving by then, plenty of notice for everyone. December bookings are always problematic with work & family parties etc, and January is financially difficult for most.

Looks a no-brainer to me that these two dates are put to the vote now and get everything all booked up to allow those coming from further away plenty of time to get travel plans in place at a cheaper cost.

Thanks again BH for taking the lead, much appreciated.

You all are a bunch of arseholes :D Well, the SPFL are anyway....

December 16th - I don't fly back home till December 22nd

March 17th - I will have flown back to Bermuda on March 12th

April 7th - Family will be out here in Bermuda for Easter break

I am destined to not get to one of these dinners

The March date looks a good idea and hopefully I could make that and get to meet up with fellow forumees not to say that I couldn't make the April date but my son and I meet up after last game with some friends(all season ticket holders) and have a few bevvies after last game of season.