Plans for Copland

Bid to turn Ibrox Stadium offices into entertainment venue

11:04Friday 14 July 2017

Plans have been submitted for there to be a new entertainment venue at the Ibrox Stadium offices.

Keep up to date with all our sport news on The Scotsman’s Sport page on Facebook

Documents for a premises licence have been lodged with the Glasgow City Council licensing board.

Anyone looking to object to the plans would have until 3 August.

The new venue at Copland House, Edmiston Drive, would host wedding receptions, conferences, club meetings and the like. It would be open from 11am to midnight every day.

Don't think it is the old Edmiston club, is it not the offices in the Copland stand that's getting turned into a bar/music venue?

After reading it again I think you're correct, sorry Compo. Just assumed it was old club premises:redface:

next to 1872 offices,won't do the louden any favours.

Different sort of clients I think. The Copeland are more looking for parties and company functions. I think there is room for the 2 of them.

Saw few acts there my highlight was Dana "All Kinds of Everything" a lovely singer and beautiful girl.

Remember they used to give you loan of a tie so you could get drink before game,member or non-member.

Another place that was done in by employees /managers etc. lining their pockets.