Mystic Doric Dickie!

Really, punditry should be up there with bawbaggery and bampottery? Both readership and listenership love the usual suspects in print and broadcast media, proclaiming results and finished league positions. It's easy, if their predictions offend and prove wrong, then ridicule ensues. The antithesis can be safely ignored. Pundits will claim a semblance of objective appreciation, they will weight up both advantages and disadvantages of a number of courses. A conclusion will be arrived at, assuming the usual caveats of watching pre-season matches, end of the transfer window, knowing the preferred first eleven, ..... etc.

Of course, you can first, arrive at a conclusion; then set about making your appreciation complies with your preferred prejudice. I suspect Objective Host and Big Am-Dram Quine at Beeb Scotland adhered to subjectivity yesterday when unsolicited, "Aberdeen will finish second, comfortably". I know, I know, Gersnetters will protest; pointing to Richard Gordon's well kent powers of foresight and penetrative thought. He has admitted to being raised to hate Rangers, but in mitigation, he did Don the RFC blazer and tie to present a couple of end of season videos, quarter of a century past.

So, Doric Dickie's appreciation was contained in the line, "despite all the money they have spent, and from what I've seen so far" doesn't gain him any extra marks for showing his workings. In the last week, I've heard from Jum Spence, Spiers, Cosgrove, and Liam McLeod, that Rangers have spent between £9-£10million this transfer window. Admittedly, I have not done the arithmetic myself; but I would be genuinely surprised if such monies had been spent. It appears a stick is already being fashioned. Again, we do not know Aberdeen's debt, or spending. No figure is broadcast. I read 3-4 years past that Aberdeen's debt had been restructured. On further analysis, it appears, 'restructured' is a euphemism for written off. Well, at Beeb Scotland, it's the principle that doesn't count.

The Yahoos love those Dandy Dons at ra Stydome chorusing, 'we hate Rangers more than you'. I am told ra Sellik View has run personal ads where Yahoos express desires to acquire a couple of Dandies as household pets, they're so lovable. Like all adorable pets, Doric Dickie is intent on ensuring his club retain most favourable status. Ryan Christie is on loan for another year(at what cost) and GMS has signed a two year deal for an undisclosed fee. Like Hibs before them, Aberdeen and their supporters must know their place and behave in the expected manner, to continue to be recipients of green'n'grey bounty.

This is not a dig at Richard Gordon's punditry. It's a pointing out of ra Sellik's increasing strategy of dealing with all things domestic, by proxy. Any number of journos, politicians at all levels, administrators, ..... etc appear well versed and rehearsed. A raft of supportive viewpoints often prepare the ground, before, even if, ra Sellik decide to occupy said ground. The actual competition on the field, or what's left of it; sees a willing Aberdeen and supporters anxious to be seen to be ra Sellik's current proxy.

144 views and only 4 people who pressed the thanks or agree sign. No wonder we are losing writers by the day.

Thanks 26 keep them coming I love your stories and knowledge.

How much have we spent this summer, does anyone know?

I enjoy our resident Cameronian's regular Richard Gordon pieces too. Unfortunately I also think Aberdeen will finish second this season, as things stand, and think they've done pretty well in the transfer market so far with some shrewd buys. The felching going on between them and Celtic is nauseating though, and there seems little doubt Celtic are trying to help Aberdeen strengthen their squad. Be funny if Aberdeen knock them out of both cups and take 9 points off them next season, although maybe contractually they're not allowed too...

144 views and only 4 people who pressed the thanks or agree sign. No wonder we are losing writers by the day.

Thanks 26 keep them coming I love your stories and knowledge.

I think you underestimate how many folk view on the phone Pete.

Some folk either don't have access to a pc during the day or at all.

When using the phone there is not a facility to thanks or agree. Not sure why? The emojis don't work properly either?

Great article though!

Edited by cooponthewing

When using the phone there is not a facility to thanks or agree. Not sure why? The emojis don't work properly either?

Great article though!

The thanks and agree buttons work just fine on my iPhone.

Great article though!

Put your phone onto full site and you have that option. It will use more download I would imagine.

The thanks and agree buttons work just fine on my iPhone.

I'm using iPhone and the forum dosnt have a thanks/agree button? It's a different layout. Not sure why? I can't be the only one surely?

Edited by cooponthewing

I'm using iPhone and the forum dosnt have a thanks/agree button? It's a different layout. Not sure why? I can't be the only one surely?

If you have iPhone you should have the "full site" option right at the bottom of the page.