UEFA fine Rangers €7000 for throwing paper

Uefa fine Rangers €7000 for missile throwing during the Europa League first round qualifying first leg against FC Progrès Niederkorn.

We weren't fined for throwing paper. We were fined for delaying the game. It wouldn't have mattered if it was paper, pies, bovril, or scarves. I'd expect we will pay it, apologise and move on. I'm gutted though that this probably means the end of such terrific displays. It looked fantastic, and it was spoiled by those few morons.

Then every European club that does this and similar should be targeted. Will anyone scrutinisethe matches and UEFA response this season? Barcelona-Real Madrid and others throw on paper and confetti etc. UEFA are as corrupt as ever.

UEFA have dished out hundreds of fines for similar things. We are not being targeted here. We are definitely targeted by the media in this country, but not by UEFA.

We were fined for throwing paper or 'objects' as the UEFA article says...

My post was terribly poorly crafted. My point is that they don't care if it was paper or anything else. The reason for the rules is that they don't want to injure supporters, players or officials, and don't want to delay the game. Clearly there was never any chance of injuring anyone, but the game was delayed. I don't see it as a big deal though. We should just move past this as quickly as possible.

Tuesday 18 July 2017 11.13CET

UEFA

The UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body (CEDB) has announced the following decision:

Match: UEFA Europa League first round qualifying match (first leg) between Rangers FC and FC Progrès Niederkorn (1-0), played on 29 June in Scotland.

Decision: Rangers FC have been fined €7,000

The charges against Rangers FC were related to the throwing of objects Art. 16 (2) of the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations (DR).

http://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/disciplinary/index.html#

Perhaps we use the source rather than some second hand info?

The game was stopped due to that, which drew the "animosity" of the authorities. As has been said, ask the chaps who organized and did it what they think of this now.

The people who organised the display and the people who threw the paper at the players were not the same.

Yeeeeees ... and still, I doubt the club will condone another display there unless the organizers start talking and offer ideas how in future games somesuch is not repeated, don't you think? Like gathering the stuff aftre a display ... or naughtily simply attach numbers so one know who actually throws the tuff on the field?