Daily Record apologises for targeting Rangers supporter

Clearly this guys boss has forced him into a grovelling apology. That is nowhere near good enough from Trinity Mirror however, as all these bigots remain in place and balanced reporting remains an impossibility from their journos.

Editorial and reporter personnel change is the only way this is going to change moving forward.

Perhaps our club or C1872 can try to get a meeting with Trinity Mirror's top people to explain just why their Scottish paper is so off-limits to Rangers supporters. There is no point continually having discussions with Scottish based people, as they are the problem, not part of the solution.

This is hollow words and means very little. An apology was offered for what could well have ruined the guys life. Losing his job, problems with marriage or kids and debt issues. This because of a justifiable complaint made in a cordial manner.

This is a sectarian rag intent on causing as much damage to our club and supporters as it can. I understand the calls for trinity mirror to look into it. However nobody can convince me there head office does not already know this exists.

I don't buy print media and certainly don't click on this Rangers hating rag. Hopefully none of us ever will again.

This is hollow words and means very little. An apology was offered for what could well have ruined the guys life. Losing his job, problems with marriage or kids and debt issues. This because of a justifiable complaint made in a cordial manner.

This is a sectarian rag intent on causing as much damage to our club and supporters as it can. I understand the calls for trinity mirror to look into it. However nobody can convince me there head office does not already know this exists.

I don't buy print media and certainly don't click on this Rangers hating rag. Hopefully none of us ever will again.

It is a pity it has gone this way as buying the Record or the Sun ( I never bought the Sun) on your way to work was a part of life. There were newspaper boys standing at most factories. I used to come off the night-shift at Dunlop Inchinnan on a Friday and travel through to the Record to do Casual work cleaning the press. It paid a fortune compared to my hourly wage at Dunlop.

It is a pity it has gone this way as buying the Record or the Sun ( I never bought the Sun) on your way to work was a part of life. There were newspaper boys standing at most factories. I used to come off the night-shift at Dunlop Inchinnan on a Friday and travel through to the Record to do Casual work cleaning the press. It paid a fortune compared to my hourly wage at Dunlop.

Scottish society has gone this way Pete. Good point though. I suspect anyone over forty will remember waiting on buying the first editions from the paper boys that would kick about late at night.

Those days are long gone as are the days of balanced, unbiased and fair reporting.

Significant, though. There is no way these guys had a change of heart. They have been forced into this embarrassing climbdown, either because their bosses had a moral objection to this kind of harassment, or more likely because the boycott is hurting them financially. These sites depend on clicks more than paper sales nowadays, and they simply cannot afford to ignore such a large and now well organised section of society. Well done to all involved!

I trust however that the boycott continues!?! The job is only half done, although well half done.

The boycott should continue forever. No Rangers supporters should ever buy or click on this bigoted rag. Their allegiance lies with the poisonous dwellings of ikea Hut!