Our song book.

When i was back in Scotland I was disappointed first of all with the level of singing. Only now and again does a song get sung around the stands. Mostly it is the constant undecipherable chant of the Union bears stuck away in a corner.

In Luxembourg i was further disappointed by the song book as there were few older numbers but the Cardoso song was sung every 5 minutes. We used to have such a large song book. Now I have read that the Cardoso song has been changed from "he is a class defender, he never gives the ball away" to "he hates the ****ing provos, he hates the ****ing ira" This makes me totally sad and disgusted to be honest. I doubt if Cardoso knows what a Provo is.

The songs are not what once they were, full voiced at a slower tempo than the high pitched yapping that goes on nowadays.

I blame the hammering, clattering "music" that kids listen to. When did you last hear a real song in a pub? Not necessarily a football song but anything vaguely melodic.

The '70's were great with stuff like this...

Hello Hello, How Do You Do,

We Are The Boys In Royal Blue,

Where E'er We Go, We Fear No Foe,

We'll Keep The Blue Flag Flying High,

Oh Flying High Up In The Sky,

We'll Keep The Blue Flag Flying High,

Where E'er We Go, We Fear No Foe,

We'll Keep The Blue Flag Flying High.

Sadly the young team of today bring nothing but dross. I do like the 'Blue Sea of Ibrox' though, which wasn't around in the '70's.

Some of the songs sung now are awful I don't want to hear "F**k Bobby Sands he's deid" it brings us down to the level of the scum.

I smiled at that bit when it first emerged...now I want them to abandon it...still smile at it tho'.:)

I think that wee guy with the megaphone in the front of the Broomloan stand could do with being replaced tbh. We need to hear songs about Rangers. Songs about football. Not songs about Bobby Sands. Yes it was funny 35 years ago but no joke stays funny that long..

I think that wee guy with the megaphone in the front of the Broomloan stand could do with being replaced tbh. We need to hear songs about Rangers. Songs about football. Not songs about Bobby Sands. Yes it was funny 35 years ago but no joke stays funny that long..

I think megaphone man, the guy with the drum and the rest of the circus act should give us peace.