Weir wants to extend contract

I think that's a positive move and would like to see him link up with Webster in the middle next season. Sounds like he's enjoying himself and despite being older, he's much more mobile than Ehiogu and also seems to read the game better which is crucial when you start to slow down.

Clicky

He certainly has been one of the brighter aspects of this dull season and if he continues playing at the level he has been doing then I hope he stays another year.

I just worry about long term though - are Broadfoot and Svensson the answer??? Webster hasnt signed up yet and I hope this is wrapped up quickly.

Should be made captain, he�´s more of a leader than BF....then the following season Stevie Smith may be ready to take the armband.

I wouldnt say no to Weir being captain but I dont see Stevie Smith as a captain even in a few years time, isnt nearly vocal enough (yet) and seems more like a player who will just get on with his duties rather than be captain. Hutton on the other hand....his attitude is improving and he is on a great game at the moment.......

I wouldnt say no to Weir being captain but I dont see Stevie Smith as a captain even in a few years time, isnt nearly vocal enough (yet) and seems more like a player who will just get on with his duties rather than be captain. Hutton on the other hand....his attitude is improving and he is on a great game at the moment.......

Prefer Smith�´s attitude !

He can lead by example and if necessary he would encourage and shout. He doesn�´t at the moment because he�´s a youngster concentrating on what he�´s been told to do. IMHO If told to be captain he would do the necessary.

First he needs another good season under his belt without longterm injury.