PC post match interview

Kranjcar's legs are gone. He is chasing shadows and has to try and beat a defender multiple times because he is so slow. He does have great vision but does not get the time to execute the passes.

PC could have taken off one of our CB when he put Kranjcar on!, did we need to keep 4 at the back against Hearts who had not interest in coming out of their own half/box?

Very few managers woukd do that. Almost none.

And if he did and hearts scored people would rightly slaughter him.[/QUOTE]

As opposed to now?, we have played 3 at the back before!, is it really such a gamble?

Kranjcar's legs are gone. He is chasing shadows and has to try and beat a defender multiple times because he is so slow. He does have great vision but does not get the time to execute the passes.

That was so blatantly obvious yesterday. It wasn't game time or fitness. His legs have completely gone. It was quite embarrassing watching him tbh. I'm not sure he should play again? The guy had great talent and I guess you could say he could produce a bit of magic? However for me, I would have had Dodoo on the bench before him.

Kranjcar still has a great pass on him. If he plays in a central midfield three he can work. A bit like Jan Molby at Liverpool, who was fat and lazy but could spray passes about like nobody's business.

Very few managers woukd do that. Almost none.

And if he did and hearts scored people would rightly slaughter him.[/QUOTE]

As opposed to now?, we have played 3 at the back before!, is it really such a gamble?

Yeah with 3 ch. Ho do you achieve that from a 4 at the back with 1 sub.

Isnt that what he should be telling them before they take to the pitch though?

We cant be working these things out after the games.

He did. He spent the whole game screaming at them. At one point he was literally jumping up and down on the spot going mental

Edited by trublusince1982

That was so blatantly obvious yesterday. It wasn't game time or fitness. His legs have completely gone. It was quite embarrassing watching him tbh. I'm not sure he should play again? The guy had great talent and I guess you could say he could produce a bit of magic? However for me, I would have had Dodoo on the bench before him.

Problem is that PC said in the summer he was going to build the team around NK - NK being a kind of footballing "quarter back" that would make the team tick. Like the Jan Molby analogy posted above, in fact. (He quickly adds after reading the whole thread.)

Edited by SteveC

Isnt that what he should be telling them before they take to the pitch though?

We cant be working these things out after the games.

After what happened to us last week we should have come flying out the traps. PC's interview suggested we had done so in training, I'm sure he was fully expecting them to play like they'd been let of a leash. It's startling and hugely depressing that they did not do so.