Kanchelskis on Dick Advocaat regime

Advocaat was and is a Dick.:) Never been a bigger money wolf and when the going gets tough Dick gets going. Out of town that is. Walked out on Rangers when things got tough. Sneaked away in the middle of the night from the Emirates to manage South Korea. Walked away From Borrussia Munchengladbach. Walked away From the Belgian national team. Walked away from the Dutch team. Only stays where the money is. Horrible little man and I can see players not liking him. Unbelievable the Dutch took him back but gives an insight to how bad Dutch coaches are these day's. They had few other options.

he was responsible for Auchenhowie though. I remember him saying Murray gave him a choice of millions for a new player or developing the training facility. Advocaat chose the latter

Kanchelskis seems to be taking a very large slice of journalistic license in this piece.

No manager should ever wish their players to fail.

Rangers were far from defensive under Advocaat. At that time we had Kanchelskis, Laudrup, Gascoigne, McCoist, Hateley, Durrant etc etc - that is not a team that would suit playing defensively.

Moral of the story ? Kanchelskis dislikes Advocaat.

Kanchelskis seems to be taking a very large slice of journalistic license in this piece.

No manager should ever wish their players to fail.

Rangers were far from defensive under Advocaat. At that time we had Kanchelskis, Laudrup, Gascoigne, McCoist, Hateley, Durrant etc etc - that is not a team that would suit playing defensively.

Moral of the story ? Kanchelskis dislikes Advocaat.

Eh Craig, Kanchelskis didn't play with any of those players you mentioned mate! They were all away by 1998 when Walter left. Under DA we had Numan, Amoruso, Porrini, GVB, Albertz, Wallace, Barry, etc. I will agree we were not a defensive side, far from it, but you have your era's mixed up!

Advocaat was and is a Dick.:) Never been a bigger money wolf and when the going gets tough Dick gets going. Out of town that is. Walked out on Rangers when things got tough. Sneaked away in the middle of the night from the Emirates to manage South Korea. Walked away From Borrussia Munchengladbach. Walked away From the Belgian national team. Walked away from the Dutch team. Only stays where the money is. Horrible little man and I can see players not liking him. Unbelievable the Dutch took him back but gives an insight to how bad Dutch coaches are these day's. They had few other options.

Unless someone gets sacked they will always walk away, unless they are Alex Ferguson.

You say it was always for the money, but how do you know that ?

It's fine not liking him - but as long as we are factual.

Seems to me that within this article you are picking up on your dislike for Advocaat and ignoring the issues that Kancheskis brought in - refusing to play with the reserve team ?? You would want Pedro sacked if that were to happen these days.

This whole article is one which Kanchelskis should be ashamed of. He talks about Advocaat losing to O Neill, but fails to mention McLeish's dominance against same manager. He makes Advocaat look like a fool for demanding they all eat at 2pm when, in fact, almost every team these days do the same thing (demand the team eats together at the same time) - so was Advocaat draconian or was he before his time ? Those that dislike Advocaat will say the former whilst most will agree with the latter.

We'll have a review of the book on our main site over the next week or so - as well as a chance to win a copy. :)

Do we have to enter ?

If this excerpt is a sign of the remainder of the book then I'm not so sure I want to read the whole thing.... :D

Eh Craig, Kanchelskis didn't play with any of those players you mentioned mate! They were all away by 1998 when Walter left. Under DA we had Numan, Amoruso, Porrini, GVB, Albertz, Wallace, Barry, etc. I will agree we were not a defensive side, far from it, but you have your era's mixed up!

Oops, hangover kicking in :D

Even with the players you brought in to replace my erroneous era... nobody could call that team defensive.... GvB, Albertz, Wallace, Barry, Mols etc - no way were we defensive !

Unless someone gets sacked they will always walk away, unless they are Alex Ferguson.

You say it was always for the money, but how do you know that ?

It's fine not liking him - but as long as we are factual.

Seems to me that within this article you are picking up on your dislike for Advocaat and ignoring the issues that Kancheskis brought in - refusing to play with the reserve team ?? You would want Pedro sacked if that were to happen these days.

This whole article is one which Kanchelskis should be ashamed of. He talks about Advocaat losing to O Neill, but fails to mention McLeish's dominance against same manager. He makes Advocaat look like a fool for demanding they all eat at 2pm when, in fact, almost every team these days do the same thing (demand the team eats together at the same time) - so was Advocaat draconian or was he before his time ? Those that dislike Advocaat will say the former whilst most will agree with the latter.

I never read the article. I know far more about Advocaat than this article will tell me. I have been following Dutch football for almost 40 years so I think I know some things that Kanchelskis never talked about. The people I hear from know far more about him than his time with Rangers.