Supporter Safety Notice

So everyone has to sit down?

Younger people will much prefer standing with their mates and having a sing song, which means we get the next generation involved. If 10,000 Bears are against safe standing, good for them. They can stay quiet in their seats somewhere else and let a few thousand stand.

We must have the grumpiest support in world football.

I agree Gonzo. I sometimes wonder if some forget how much they enjoyed standing at the football. I couldn't be arsed now as I'm in my forties. It's a chore having to stand for ninety mins at away games! Those in their fifties and sixties definitely won't be arsed. Those any older should be at home with a big telly lol!

In my teens I really enjoyed standing. Then we had Hillsborough and all seating was established.

A safe standing area for a few thousand seems like a great solution. I personally see no reasonable objection to it.

Edited by cooponthewing

Like you coop i'm in my forties and cant be arsed standing anymore. In my teens my ST was for the West enclosure and I had a ST for the last season of standing at Ibrox, so I am not against standing (safely) at the football.

In those days there was no pyro, that is the big difference between then and now. Safe standing will provide camouflage for the wee neds who want to let off smoke bombs, which in turn will get the club into trouble with the authorities, and is also a real problem from a H&S perspective.

If those wanting this can promise there will be no pyro, then let them have their standing area. The West Enclosure would make the most sense to me, as it doesnt then impact of neighbouring sections who will have sightlines blocked by those standing.

I'm in my late 30s and still prefer to stand, wherever possible. I appreciate that others prefer to sit and then you have to consider disabled supporters but I don't see why anyone would object to a safe standing area for 3-6,000.

I reckon the beggars only adopted a safe standing area as they had an issue with it already.

Workmate got tickets for their 3 CL games last season, right next to an area of around 100 ripped out seats. The neds rip them out, they've gave up recording them, then the wee arsehole all stand in that area, fling, sing and smoke what they want.

Ìve never seen any bears ripping seats out.

Like you coop i'm in my forties and cant be arsed standing anymore. In my teens my ST was for the West enclosure and I had a ST for the last season of standing at Ibrox, so I am not against standing (safely) at the football.

In those days there was no pyro, that is the big difference between then and now. Safe standing will provide camouflage for the wee neds who want to let off smoke bombs, which in turn will get the club into trouble with the authorities, and is also a real problem from a H&S perspective.

If those wanting this can promise there will be no pyro, then let them have their standing area. The West Enclosure would make the most sense to me, as it doesnt then impact of neighbouring sections who will have sightlines blocked by those standing.

Last game I stood at was in the west enclosure. CSKA at Ibrox 92/93. Emotional night and could have been different if we had won in Marseille!

ah the memories....ash terraces before concrete came in.....big kerry oot, steamin,

singin' bad songs, whizzin' beeries at the ref,

the cunt behind you blootered and pishin' on the back of your leg..

..and if you got beat equalising ootside efter thi match

.haud mi back !

Edited by colinstein

ah the memories....ash terraces before concrete came in.....big kerry oot, steamin,

singin' bad songs, whizzin' beeries at the ref,

the cunt behind you blootered and pishin' on the back of your leg..

..and if you got beat equalising ootside efter thi match

.haud mi back !

And thats all from a teacher. A moulder of young lives. ???[emoji23]