Supporter Safety Notice

To get back to the original point. They are banned for obvious reasons. Taking what is potentially an "explosive" object or device into a crowded area or concealing one at this time is irresponsible at best.

Please, without me going into further detail can anyone out there who disagrees have a good think as to why it's a bad idea?

It's not difficult and if you have an ounce of sense you will understand why.

A smoke bomb isn't an explosive device. I'm not really pro or anti taking them - I have no intention of ever taking one and have never done so.

It's our over-sensitivity that worries me. No wonder Hibs, vermin and Motherwell fans goad us so easily. 40 years ago we'd have tanned them.

A smoke bomb isn't an explosive device. I'm not really pro or anti taking them - I have no intention of ever taking one and have never done so.

It's our over-sensitivity that worries me. No wonder Hibs, vermin and Motherwell fans goad us so easily. 40 years ago we'd have tanned them.

Seriously? A crowd full of hundreds/thousands of people. Where smoke starts bellowing from (and the firecrackers you occasionally hear) is not a concern for the emergency services in the current climate Gonzo?

What also worries me is that they 1, can smuggle them in and 2, Those who may decide to really do some devastating damage, know they can be smuggled in!

Edited by cooponthewing

That's a fair point. It's just some lads having a laugh though. We can't spend our whole lives terrified of the worst possible consequences of being in crowded areas.

I'm British. I got hospitalised after a match by opposition fans but I still go to the football.

Can you tell me what match there were smoke bombs lett off in the disabled section?

Airdrie and Falkirk to name but two, most disabled seating at away grounds is pitchside at the front of the Rangers support.

At Sheffield over the top of my head were thrown smoke bombs, bangers, bottles and coins.

The bangers very much are explosive devices.

A 15 year old boy sitting with his father in the Rangers end at Motherwell was injured by one thankfully relatively minor on that occasion but it's only a matter of time before some unfortunate soul pays a heavy price for someone else's idea of a bit of fun.

If they bangers are safe why don't they hold them in their hands till they explode?

Were disabled supporters removed at Falkirk and Airdrie? I was at Falkirk but didn't see anyone being taken out.

The injuries sustained at Motherwell - what sort of injuries?

At Falkirk the flare that was thrown onto the pitch and burned a hole on the astroturf flew 6 inches in front of my face. At Airdrie the smoke bomb was let off right in front of the disabled section and at least two people had to leave and receive medical treatment, that wasn't the first or last occasion that this has happened either.

Tell me when you see someone with tubes up their nose and an oxygen cylinder attached to their wheelchair do you really think letting off a smoke bomb in front of them is funny?

The boy at Motherwell was injured in the head when a banger exploded in mid air beside him. If you look back on FF you'll see a thread started by the boy's father on the incident.

Were disabled supporters removed at Falkirk and Airdrie? I was at Falkirk but didn't see anyone being taken out.

Are you serious?

Is there a level of injury to a kid that you think is acceptable collateral damage for skylarking?

Enough of the third degree, please.

The use of pyro may not be the end of the world but it's quite clear there's a risk involved. Might not bother able-bodied people like you and I who can dodge the items (or stay away from the sections they're usually thrown from) but when it causes harm to our kin who have less choice in where they're seated and who can't see these things coming - never mind move out of the way, then that risk should be enough to put the user off.

But selfishness is selfishness I guess...