Manager Looks for More Signings - Scotsman

You're right about the CB situation. At some point Alves is either going to be injured or simply need a rest and right now we would be severely weakened without him.

I agree with your Alves point but at this stage I expect them to be looking at starters rather than back up and we're just going to have to hope for the best when it comes to Alves. They're going to get the first 11 sorted and settled then maybe look at back up next window.

Haven't seen him play and don't know myself which was why I was asking

wiki says he's played for Sporting's B team, been loaned out most of the time

and he's got a buy out clause of 60 million euros...........they must have seen a lot in him ....there's a claim that they gave £3 million to Dundee Utd for him but I just don't believe it.

Ryan Gauld

Ha! I just read that he has been playing LM in a 4-4-2 for a newly promoted Portuguese side on loan. I'd like to think PC knows about him, and I do think he's the type of player we should be targeting, but he's not a Left-winger; he's more a central-attacking-midfielder, like Windass and Kranjcar!

I agree with your Alves point but at this stage I expect them to be looking at starters rather than back up and we're just going to have to hope for the best when it comes to Alves. They're going to get the first 11 sorted and settled then maybe look at back up next window.
I think PC believes Wilson is back up for Alves this worries me a little as he has had a few bad mistakes in some of his games.

like who ?

Well, obviously Walker is the manager's preferred option and that may go down to the wire tomorrow night. He's not specifically a left midfielder (and is right footed) but I'd say he's more comfortable there than Windass, Pena or Kranjcar.