Tims and their prices...

I see Marseille are saying that they wanted Dembele... the one of the Celtic, not Barcelona or Spurs, persuasion.

They pulled out of any deal because Celtic demanded 40 million Euros for him.

I suspect that if they hold firm on that price that Dembele will ultimately see out his contract and Celtic will lose him for free when his deal expires. He's already done the same when moving TO Celtic, so why not do so again ?

At the moment, the player is little more than an injury prone, one season -almost- wonder, in a league which is, sadly, an obscure back water of the European game.

His value, surely, is directly related to these factors: ie potentially worth a punt at a few M euros, but no more.

We should be able to watch with interest how his 2nd season @the piggery develops, on the fitness and the form fronts.

I caved in and looked at his stats: 32 goals in 49 games is good, but not spectacular; 17 in the League is poor, though, for someone being punted for that much; 5 goals in 12 CL - not sure if they were all group stage - is good. I'm not seeing the hype.

Liam Boyce hit 23 goals for Ross County; that's more impressive. (I would've liked us to sign Boyce.)

Edited by Rousseau

I caved in and looked at his stats: 32 goals in 49 games is good, but not spectacular; 17 in the League is poor, though, for someone being punted for that much; 5 goals in 12 CL - not sure if they were all group stage - is good. I'm not seeing the hype.

Liam Boyce hit 23 goals for Ross County; that's more impressive. (I would've liked us to sign Boyce.)

I expect Morelos to hit comfortably more than 17 in the league. That must mean he's worth 50 million. And as an added bonus he wont fall down if you just look at him the wrong way.

Whatever hes worth is moreles will eclipse it easily.

I kind of hope they get 40 mil

I don't. Because we have always done a poor job of valuing our players. I don't believe half of the values they say they are achieving for their players but 40 million would do nothing other than widen that financial gap between us and them.

Morelos is currently equal second top scorer in the league with 3 goals joined by the yahoos McGregor who also has 3. Morelos has had 4 shots at goal and scored with 75% of them while if you just count his shots on target he has a 100% shots to score rate.

Top SPL top scorer on 4 is, wait for it, Michael O'Halloran.

I see the DR have been putting out nonsensical stories again to cover for their East end business partners.

They're saying that Guardiola pulled the plug on the yahoos signing Roberts on a £8m deal. He didn't. It was Roberts who didn't want to move on a permanent deal. Can't tell that one to the slabbering hordes though can we?