Here's a tricky one...

..Wee bit of fun.

But if you could wave a magic wand and pick 1 foreign keeper, defender, midfielder, winger and striker from the last 10 years to re-join the current side who would it be and why?

Equally 1 scottish keeper, defender, midfielder, winger and striker and why??

My choices:

Foreigners:Keeper - Niemi - We cant have Klos as he is still at Ibrox, so Niemi. IMO he was at us at a time where we had the best keepers around.

Defender - Numan - absolute class act at LB and a leader / role model.

Midfielder - Most difficult choice. The obvious 3 or 4 are Gio, De Boer Gazza and Albertz. But its Albertz for me to solve our left sided problem - 20+ goals a season and shots from everywhere - just what our team needs. He would walk straight in!!!

Winger - Laudrup! no contest from the Greatest ever Ger IMO.

Forward - A pre-injury Michael Mols hands down!!

Scots:

Keeper - No brainer The Goalie enough said

Defender - Same - Gough, legend and rock solid centre half who led by example, also scored goals.

Midfielder - McCall - We could be done with the engine man digging in and winning tackles then realising it.

Winger - McCann - Underrated IMO and he couldnt half cross a ball. He had loads of pace and could chip in with the goals aswell

Striker - Durie - Pips McCoist as Ally was at the end of his career 10 years ago. Jute Box was a more all round player and weighed in with a fair amount of goals.

Foreigners

Goalie: If it can't be Klos then Niemi

Defender: Can't argue with Numan

Midfielder: Rinoooooooo!

Winger:Laudrup with doubt for me. Wouldn't really class him as a midfielder

Forward: De Boer, playing just behind the strikers was his best postition

Scots:

Goalie: The Goalie of course

Defender: Gough the organiser although a fully fit Davie Robertson would be good too

Midfield: McCall - heart of a lion

Winger: Only Scottish winger I can remember was McCann

Forward: Can't think of one, Kenny Miller was never really given a fair crack of the whip. He might have been a different player

Klos - He may have his flaws but what he's good at, he's the best at. (if that makes sense).

Amo - He had his awful games, but when he played well he was awesome, and had a good boot on him too.

Gazza - *Bring back the whistle smiley*

Laudrup - If anyone says different they're fuggin nuts!

Strikers a tough one. Negri could have been a legend if he wasnt so stroppy.

Shota was played out of position and could have had double his goal tally if he was up front (as he's showing with AZ).

Gotta go for Mols though.

The Scots im just going to be repeating what everyone else is saying. Goram, Gough, McCall, McCann & McCoist.

Foreign Keeper I always like Charbonnier, never thought he got a fair chance but then he ended up with Klos ahead of him.

Defender Has to be Numan, one of the really really top notch players to have played in Scotland.

Midfield Tough one, between gattuso, Der hammer and Gazza. Probably Gazza just for the sheer joy he could bring by watching him in full flow

Winger Laudrup. Easiest question I've ever answered!

Striker I'm tempted by Amato as I thought he was a great player, another who never really got much of a shot but i'll go for Mols because he was another who was brilliant to watch. the way he could turn a defender was spectacular!

Scottish

Keeper As if you have to ask - Goram

Defender Gough - not just for the defensive side, but his leadership was superb.

Midfield McCall because he just never gave in.

Winger Could we not extend it to 15 years and have Cooper? It'll hve to be McCann as I can't think of another.

StrikerNo matter what age he was, Super-Ally

Foreign Keeper I'll got for Charbonnier

Defender Numan - world class player

Midfield Albertz

Winger Laudrup. Nobody else comes close

Striker Ostestad!! nah seriously Mols before he got injured was different class

Scottish

Keeper - Goram

Defender Gough

Midfield McCall or Ian Ferguson. Both fought like tigers

Winger the very under-rated Mr McCann

Striker - Has to be Coisty

Interesting to see some of the strikers mentioned like Amato, Negri and Shota. Amato was the most skillful player ive ever see but DA just didnt like him. And Negri was unstopable when he first came and he would have went on and got 50 goals in the 97-98 season if Porrini never took up squash!!!

Imagine a forward line of a high flying Negri and Pre injury Mols - thats scary!

Jonathan Johannsen was another contender, i liked him.

The Gascoigne or Albertz choice is just too difficult for a few reasons.

I take it English players count as foreign Gribz ??

Foreigners:

Keeper - Klos, apart from his kicking he's second to only Goram for reaction saves and closing down strikers.

Defender - Amoruso, he brought the fun factor to football, you just didn't know what he was going to do next. Remember that thumping goal with his left foot at Pittodrie and the way he calmed the crowd down in that game too. Oh and his goal line clearance against Septic in the CIS Semi final one year.

Midfielder - Albertz just ahead of Gazza and Rino, the power in that left foot was phenomenal.

Winger - Lauders by a mile and a half, one shimmie and the defender was left docile !!

Striker - Hateley, aggression, power, the partnership with Coisty !

Scottish:

Keeper - Goram, just because of those instinctive saves like the one from Pierre Van Donkey Cock.

Defender - Gough, wore the badge on his sleeve, he put his head where most people would be scared to. (No funny replies to that one guys)

Midfielder - McCall, the clip of him falling off the car still makes me laugh when drunk at Bradford. His ball-winning ability is a lesson to Gattusso and Lemon !

Winger - Super Coop, brings a tear to my eye every time his name is mentioned. The reason I stared supporting Rangers, enuff said really, sniff sniff.

Striker - Super Ally, it makes me laugh though when his name is mentioned, you knew Ally would be on the end of a Hateley knock-down every time !!

Rangers son !

To be honest i dont understand how anyone could pick Rino over Gazza or Albertz, was Rino that good a player when he was at Rangers?

He was still in development and has gone on to become one of the best midfielders in the world now. But for his time at Ibrox, he doesnt even come close to Gazza or Albertz for me.

I take it English players count as foreign Gribz ??

Of course, they are the biggest foreigners on the planet to us :thup:

Anyway, I see people are going for favourites more than anything else, I was trying to get players who would fit into our current side, like I chose Albertz ahead of Gazza coz Adam is bouff and we need a LM more than anything else.

I also chose Durie over McCoist as Ally was towards the end of his career 10 years ago and we have Boyd as a McCoist type player. We could be done with a Durie in the team right now.