Speirs in the Times

I thought his Bhoy in Corduroy period was responsible for a couple of real lows, both his obituaries of Jock Wallace and Davie Cooper. Of course, his mitigation in those days was have Kevin McKenna as a Sports Editor. Now, living as the Laird of Dunlop and being the Big Cheese to be seen taking both his boys to ra Stydome, he is anxious to be noted continuing to flash his Rangers hating credentials. Graham will tell you of MON's first season and ra Sellik demanding a group of a dozen journos in both print and broadcast media strictly adhere to the party line. Those dozen were rewarded at the end of that treble winning season with a slap-up at One Devonshire Gardens, including Graham. I wonder if Graham received an invitation to last season's hoolie, or does the Royal Mail find difficulty delivering to the wilds of Ayrshire? We should be told.

So he's really a self-serving, snivelling lickspittle?

Can't say I'm surprised. Bringing a disaster, where 96 people perished, into Rangers' tax situation is beyond reprehensible. I am genuinely shocked he's capable of going that low.

I thought his Bhoy in Corduroy period was responsible for a couple of real lows, both his obituaries of Jock Wallace and Davie Cooper. Of course, his mitigation in those days was have Kevin McKenna as a Sports Editor. Now, living as the Laird of Dunlop and being the Big Cheese to be seen taking both his boys to ra Stydome, he is anxious to be noted continuing to flash his Rangers hating credentials. Graham will tell you of MON's first season and ra Sellik demanding a group of a dozen journos in both print and broadcast media strictly adhere to the party line. Those dozen were rewarded at the end of that treble winning season with a slap-up at One Devonshire Gardens, including Graham. I wonder if Graham received an invitation to last season's hoolie, or does the Royal Mail find difficulty delivering to the wilds of Ayrshire? We should be told.

What was the obituaries thing? Did he write for the Herald at that point by any chance?

Edit - I've looked back and remembered it was an article that I actually wrote a letter of complaint to the editor about. It was a hatchet job on his abilities as a footballer on the anniversary of his death - a truly disgusting piece that was actually outrageous.

The Editor, Barclay Macbain replied and tried to justify the piece.

Edited by StuGers