No action against brown for Hamilton game assault

As title,we now are in no doubt as to who is running the show.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-skipper-scott-brown-escapes-11150645

Weather Image13°C

NEWS

POLITICS

FOOTBALL

SPORT

TV & CELEBS

LIFE & STYLE

SCOTLAND NOW

IN YOUR AREA

BUSINESS

TRAVEL

SPORT

Celtic skipper Scott Brown escapes ban over incident with Hamilton's Ioannis Skondras

It is understood that the SFA's compliance officer Tony McGlennan has decided no complaint will be raised after Brown was involved in an incident with Skondras on Friday.

BYRECORD SPORT ONLINE

17:27, 11 SEP 2017UPDATED17:31, 11 SEP 2017

Celtic's Scott Brown clashed with Hamilton's Ioannis Skondras

Get Daily updates directly to your inbox

+ Subscribe

Brendan Rodgers is "glad" but not surprised that the prospect of a ban for Celtic skipper Scott Brown has not materialised.

There was some speculation that the Hoops midfielder, who has signed a new two-year deal with the Parkhead club which takes him up until at least 2019, could be in trouble after appearing to flick a boot at the face of Hamilton's defender Giannis Skondras during the Hoops' 4-1 Ladbrokes Premiership win on Friday night.

Brown could have missed this month's clash with Rangers had a ban been handed down.

However, it is understood that the SFA's compliance officer Tony McGlennan has decided no complaint will be raised.

No ban: Scott Brown

READ MORE

Neil Lennon in the clear over Rangers gesture at Ibrox

Rodgers said: "I haven't made too much of it to be honest.

"I saw the two players cuddling during the game, I didn't think it was a big issue.

"I obviously saw the player go to ground and Scott maybe clip him in some way or the other but very quickly I saw them cuddle each other at the edge of the box.

ADVERTISEMENT

"I don't think it was a big problem for the players and I think it was unintentional so I am glad that was the decision, if there was a decision to be made."

Brendan Rodgers is glad but not surprised there will be no ban for Brown

READ MORE

Celtic star Moussa Dembele will not feature against PSG but Leigh Griffiths IS fit for Champions League crunch

The midfielder’s challenge was raised by former Parkhead striker Chris Sutton and ex- Rangers boss Ally McCoist on BT Sport during Friday night’sclash at the Superseal Stadium.

Both pundits believed Brown was lucky not to be shown a red card by ref Don Robertson after catching Skondras on the head.

I'll say it again: the position of Compliance Officer at the SFA was created to look after the interests of one club.

They don't even try to hide it now. The allegiances of the incumbent and his predecessor are there for all to see and it constantly shows in their judgements

And what does our board think of this ? Do they think this is acceptable? Do they have an opinion on anything like this or do they just leave that to C1872?

Edited by RANGERRAB

Literally unbelievable. Celtc are simply running the show.

A boot in the head and no action. Fuck off. Impossible

this will seem like handbags compared with what they'll get up to at Ibrox

if anyone has ANY sense whatsoever inside Ibrox they will be banging on about this in the lead up to the game

the refereeing decisions against us this season have been absolutely diabolical

If I were PC, I'd be telling our players that if they plan to get involved in any nasty stuff with Brown and his pals then they may as well go in as hard as possible.

If the press and referees are there to help Celtc out, we may as well make red cards worthwhile.

Edited by Gonzo79

If I were PC, I'd be telling our players that if they plan to get involved in any nasty stuff with Brown and his pals then they may as well go in as hard as possible.

If the press and referees are there to help Celtc out, we may as well make red cards worthwhile.

I disagree I don't think we should get sucked in in all the commotion. I prefer we stay focused on playing football and let them try their dirty tricks.