In case you were in any doubt about the BBC

When I realised that fhilthfootballclub was being brendanned in its own brock bin, I couldn't get the game on quickly enough.

I saw some of the 1st half, the HT 'highlights', and all of the 2nd period. What I noticed about the latest edition wunderkind, Anthony Ralston, a player of whom I had never heard, was how temperamentally suspect he was. Most noticeable, apart from his consistent, persistent, fouling, was his reaction to a yellow card given for a lunge tackle from behind on, I think, Thiago Motta. This he celebrated as though he had scored, eyes bulging, face contorted, and arms waving to pump up the crowd. BT gave us all this in less than glorious close up.

I thought that the manager would sub him, as he seemed to have tint his reason, such that he has, awthegither; most coaches would, but he remained on the pitch, and surprisingly to me, survived until full time.

He showed all the attributes of, to use ice hockey parlance, a goon.

I fully expect to see this guy play @Ibrox, fall prey to a green (red) mist, brutalise someone, but have the insurance policy of the now customary pusillanimous collective of officials.

Edited by Uilleam

Martin Samuel, West Ham man, in The Mail today, letting the scrote off lightly, i m h o, by failing to mention his footballing performance, rather than his hail hail histrionics:

So much arrogance, so little class

Anthony Ralston is an 18-year-old right back with 14 Celtic appearances to his name. This week he faced Neymar, one of the finest footballers in the world, and certainly the most expensive.

Time for humility, one might think. Time to drink it all in, to accelerate the learning process.

No — not in this age of entitlement. Despite losing 5-0, Ralston was full of it after the game. ‘I don’t fear the likes of Neymar…I had to play my normal game…I won’t lose any sleep over it…he’s just another man on the pitch…I don’t put him on a pedestal…’

The arrogance was astonishing. If Ralston matures with one 10th of Neymar’s talent he will have a fine career. Here was an opportunity to acquire knowledge, to be tested against one of the greats.

Ralston was too busy preening, his team having been swept aside, to pay much attention. He asked for Neymar’s shirt at the end but was rebuffed. Maybe one day Ralston’s shirt will be in demand among the elite of European football. Until then, he might consider winding it in.

By the way, after a fan ran on to the pitch and tried to kick Paris Saint-Germain striker Kylian Mbappe — the oaf missed, providing a neat metaphor for the gulf in class — Celtic have again been cited by UEFA. This is their 15th citing in 10 years. Imagine how many they would have racked up if they didn’t keep getting knocked out at the group stage.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4885346/There-way-kids-games-not-elite-club.html#ixzz4skG4aNtg

Martin Samuel, West Ham man, in The Mail today, letting the scrote off lightly, i m h o, by failing to mention his footballing performance, rather than his hail hail histrionics:

So much arrogance, so little class

Anthony Ralston is an 18-year-old right back with 14 Celtic appearances to his name. This week he faced Neymar, one of the finest footballers in the world, and certainly the most expensive.

Time for humility, one might think. Time to drink it all in, to accelerate the learning process.

No — not in this age of entitlement. Despite losing 5-0, Ralston was full of it after the game. ‘I don’t fear the likes of Neymar…I had to play my normal game…I won’t lose any sleep over it…he’s just another man on the pitch…I don’t put him on a pedestal…’

The arrogance was astonishing. If Ralston matures with one 10th of Neymar’s talent he will have a fine career. Here was an opportunity to acquire knowledge, to be tested against one of the greats.

Ralston was too busy preening, his team having been swept aside, to pay much attention. He asked for Neymar’s shirt at the end but was rebuffed. Maybe one day Ralston’s shirt will be in demand among the elite of European football. Until then, he might consider winding it in.

By the way, after a fan ran on to the pitch and tried to kick Paris Saint-Germain striker Kylian Mbappe — the oaf missed, providing a neat metaphor for the gulf in class — Celtic have again been cited by UEFA. This is their 15th citing in 10 years. Imagine how many they would have racked up if they didn’t keep getting knocked out at the group stage.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4885346/There-way-kids-games-not-elite-club.html#ixzz4skG4aNtg

I wish a Scottish journo had the decency to print the truth like this sometimes.