Aberdeen in contract talks with Rangers target Kenny McLean

Indeed. Is he out of contract then? OK player who could do a decent job for most of the clubs in the league and who should probably be playing somewhere rather than languishing on our bench.

But Barjonas has shown enough to suggest he can be useful cover in central midfield. Be nice if he was tested a bit to see whether he can kick on.

Edit. Forgot all about Jordan Thompson. Is he completely out of the picture now? Pity if so as had high hopes for him

Jordan Thompson is, AFAIK, still training with the 1st team squad.

Shame about Holt as he has potential to be useful in this team, given his aptitude to make late runs into the box.

Niko will move on next year as he is almost done as it is.

Not sure why the reporter is saying Rangers are "exploiting" the contract status. Surely the narrative should be that Aberdeen shouldn't have let it get to the point that they may lose him in the summer because they didn't renew his contract earlier. Look at the Oxlade-Chamberlain or Sanchez saga at Arsenal. The narrative was the polar opposite to this - the press didn't say Liverpool exploited his contract situation, but rather questioned Arsenal, rightly, about letting the contract to wind down so much.

Aberdeen failed to tie players up, contractually, and, among others, Rangers has, with Ryan Jack, exploited that situation.

The journalist does not mean that Rangers used that situation in an unfair or underhand way, but employs the word in the sense that Rangers capitalised on the circumstances.

I think.

Edited by Uilleam

Aberdeen failed to tie players up, contractually, and, among others, Rangers has, with Ryan Jack, exploited that situation.

The journalist does not mean that Rangers used that situation in an unfair or underhand way, but employs the word in the sense that Rangers capitalised on the circumstances.

I think.

Valid enough - but it does come across as Rangers taking advantage, which they have. It doesn't balance it by acknowledging that the only reason Rangers can do so is because Aberdeen have allowed his contract to run down. Maybe I am just acting paranoid :D

Valid enough - but it does come across as Rangers taking advantage, which they have. It doesn't balance it by acknowledging that the only reason Rangers can do so is because Aberdeen have allowed his contract to run down. Maybe I am just acting paranoid :D

There is a danger that we are all slipping into that mindset, probably for good reason.

I'd like to think that this reporter is just careless in his usage.

Not sure why the reporter is saying Rangers are "exploiting" the contract status. Surely the narrative should be that Aberdeen shouldn't have let it get to the point that they may lose him in the summer because they didn't renew his contract earlier. Look at the Oxlade-Chamberlain or Sanchez saga at Arsenal. The narrative was the polar opposite to this - the press didn't say Liverpool exploited his contract situation, but rather questioned Arsenal, rightly, about letting the contract to wind down so much.

I think we all know why that language is being used. Bet with the programme!

I genuinely don't see what all the fuss is with this guy/ No doubt i'll find out the next time we play them, i'll keep an eye on him then.

I said exactly the same about Jack!, he has surprised me with his performances so far!

I think.

Essentially I think you're right and if it were in a 'proper' broadsheet readers might be inclined to interpret its use in that way. However, its not and in a paper such as this along with the, 'Rangers have previous', it reads as EXPLOIT!... it is subtle I'll give them that but does appear to suggest sinister predatory behaviours.

Edited by Big Jaws

Aberdeen also made it clear to their rivals for second place in the Premiership[/b] that McLean wouldn’t be heading for Ibrox at any price

Really? At any price? How about nothing when he signs a pre contract?