Brendan Rodgers knows Rangers mean business after spending £8million

Exactly this. If he wins its mind games and fair enough. But if he loses, its pointing the finger at his board. And it might not be the last time this happens. If Anderlecht beat them, Big Brenda will absolutely make sure the media are running with this. Where does all these billions they keep earning go??

Where did their billions go ? Read 26th foot's excellent earlier post

My wifes pals husband seems to win a lot of money doing fixed odds coupons . He spends days studying form, etc. I spoke to him a few days ago and surprisingly he's taking Rangers to "spring a wee surprise".

It doesn't surprise me because unlike some I too think we can take them. They're defensively fragile and if they can lose goals to others in this league which they do then they can certainly lose goals to our attacking threat which is far more potent than anything else they will face in the league when we're in our purple patches.

We have to trust the manager to get the darker patches ironed out and as I have said in previous posts I don't think we will see the best of the team till into the second quarter but we can still take them. You have to expect everybody to be up for this because they're not stupid for one thing and they know what's at stake in more ways than one.

I don't like to fall back on bad luck when reasoning bad results but it can't be denied that we have been incredibly unlucky over and over and that surely can't last indefinitely. They on the other hand have been incredibly lucky on multiple occasions their recent win over Partick just one example of that.

Next week we're also going to need a proper refereeing performance because otherwise broonaldo will be kicking and hacking his way all over that pitch though it's becoming ever more difficult to fathom what would get him suitably carded. Apparently kicking a man lying down in the face isn't enough. Maybe he has to pull out a baseball bat.

Beat them on Saturday - game on.

And if we beat them what's the betting the mhedia response afterwards wont be about how good we were but all about how did they manage to lose? What went wrong? No discussion of what we did right.