Where are we at?

A back three of Cardozo, Alves and Mcrorie with Tav and DJ in midfield along with Jack,Dorrans and Pena with Herrera and Morelos up front does sound decent?

It's quite fluid too and could be changed to 4-2-3-1. Options I suppose?.

At home against "lesser sides" no problem. Would allow Dorrans to move up field too, if we have the ball, essentially having a 4+2 attacking line-up. That said, I'd rather have Candeias on the right than Tavernier. IMHO, all the new players bar Dorrans and Jack will have to find their feet in the Scottish game and the the way teams play against us. You would hope that by the end of September that is complete and all new players have had some game time under their belt. Next milestone would be x-mas, when the league table will show where teams really are ability-wise.

I'm reading the pish again that we are light years behind the Mhanks, we're not. They are undoubtedly the better team at the moment, but light years? Saturday showed we can compete for 45 minutes, with a couple of the right players coming into the the right system, we could compete for ninety minutes.

We still need an assassin in the team, Dorrans and Jack are great workhorses, good tacklers and can spread the ball, but they are not mean and nasty types. We could do with another target man up front, someone in the mould of big Hateley, a ball winner that can score and lay the ball off for Super Morelos. Get these two signing right and we'll compete, as Scotty would say in Star Trek, ''aye aye Captain, warp factor five'' and we will catch up with the Mhanks .

I'm reading the pish again that we are light years behind the Mhanks, we're not. They are undoubtedly the better team at the moment, but light years? Saturday showed we can compete for 45 minutes, with a couple of the right players coming into the the right system, we could compete for ninety minutes.

We still need an assassin in the team, Dorrans and Jack are great workhorses, good tacklers and can spread the ball, but they are not mean and nasty types. We could do with another target man up front, someone in the mould of big Hateley, a ball winner that can score and lay the ball off for Super Morelos. Get these two signing right and we'll compete, as Scotty would say in Star Trek, ''aye aye Captain, warp factor five'' and we will catch up with the Mhanks .

possession 58% celtc

18 shots to 6 in favour of celtc

7 shots to 1 on target in favour of celtc

11 corners to 2

at home

that is dreadful

Only in the minds of those who think we are on par with the Scum these days.

We will never be on a par with Celtic I hope.We are better than them and always will be. A football club is not just about 90 minutes.

Only in the minds of those who think we are on par with the Scum these days.

I'm reading the pish again that we are light years behind the Mhanks, we're not.

we quite obviously are

we can't beat partick thistle, no one in their right mind thinks we are anything other then light years away from the vermin

we quite obviously are

we can't beat partick thistle, no one in their right mind thinks we are anything other then light years away from the vermin

As I continue to say, it is September ... like in years gone by:

Rangers 2 Hearts 1

St. Johnstone 1 Rangers 2

Scum 0 Rangers 0

Rangers 1 Kilmarnock 2

Dundee 1 Rangers 1

Rangers 1 Partick 1

Aberdeen 2 Rangers 0

Rangers 2 Hibernian 1

Players involved ... Ally Maxwell, Richard Gough, John Brown, Stephen Pressley, Ian Ferguson, Mark Hateley, Ian Durrant, Alexej Mikhailichenko, Trevor Steven, Pieter Huistra, Davie Robertson, and Gary Stevens.

At the end of the season it was 6IAR. Obviously, those teams were much much better back then ... and those above were all new to the club at the time. Aye right.

possession 58% celtc

18 shots to 6 in favour of celtc

7 shots to 1 on target in favour of celtc

11 corners to 2

at home

that is dreadful

Stats don't tell the whole story.

Did Celtic get the better of the 90 mins possession wise, yes, but anyone who thought they wouldn't isn't facing up to the new reality. With that will come more shots and corners. But we weren't backs to the wall by any stretch. Remember we are playing against a team that has been slowly built up over 4-5 years with big investment and European experience. Despite what the apparent 'experts' keep telling us about how much we spent versus them in the summer... you cant buy that or sort that in a season or two. We just need progress and I can see big progress from last year (comparing OF game to OF game).

We are still really lacking in penetrating defenses but we did have some good chances. A stone wall penalty turned down. The lack of actual left footed full back and midfielder was clearly causing us problems in attack.