Rangers legend Terry Butcher distraught after hero son’s sudden death

Army Captain Christopher had fought in Afghanistan and been struggling to cope with the effects of war.

RANGERS legend Terry Butcher was in mourning last night after the sudden death of his troubled former Army Captain son.

Hero Christopher, 35, had fought in Afghanistan and the ex-Gers star had spoken in the past about eldest lad’s torment.

His brother Edward last night paid tribute to him after he passed away yesterday morning.

The 32-year-old said: “It is with the up most sadness that I regret to say that my brother*Christopher Butcher*has passed away this morning.“My older brother was the best brother I can ever of asked for and his death has hit the entire family hard.“We know how greatly he was loved.”

A source said: “Terry is understandably distraught, as are the whole family.“It had really rocked them.”

Christopher had been based in Germany after fighting the Taliban.

Butcher, 58, revealed three years ago that he had been struggling to cope with the effects of war.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/1710362/rangers-terry-butcher-son-dead-tragic/

That is very sad news indeed.

As an old gersnet I'll always acknowledge the fantastic contribution Terry made when he signed in 1986.

And I'll always remember his departure when he was shabbily treated by Souness.

Thinking of you Terry