TRO: Keith Jackson and The Ratio

Hey!, have you tried knitting?..............................................:laugh:

Mother-in-law was a big knitter, i had to listen to her click click click clicking away, drove me up the wall, swear i have tinnitus because of it lol

Edited by aweebluesoandso

Mother-in-law was a big knitter, i had to listen to her click click click clicking away, drove me up the wall, swear i have tinnitus because of it lol

My wife knits Arran cardigans.

She'd be dead if she tried using metal needles.

Plastic Loyal.

I have tinnitus too mate, drives me round the bend! Constant ringing in my ears, horrible.

Sorry about that mate, i actually think as i get older i'm losing a bit of my hearing, least that's what the wife says. i get a bit of buzzing now and again, i work with a petrol motor on most days within earshot, i only lately started wearing ear defenders.

It looks like a childish, we/I don't like you, piece initially. However its more subtle than that. What it is saying is that people do not agree with Jackson. It does that by discussing the Ratio. The way Twitter works is that to reply means to disagree because when a tweet is good,there are simple, elegant tools for expressing your appreciation via the like and re-tweet buttons. The Ratio in this case is as good a metric to dissect a writers credibility as any. That is what the articles aim is and treating it as some sort of journalists handbags at dawn is a mistake.

I'm not into twit/tweet/twat or whatever it's called...but did Jackson actually say "Sacking Strachan is a sign of SFA weakness. Beware what you wish for"?

Puckin hell...this guy is a lucky bastard having a job writing for a national newspaper! Naw wait...it's the Daily (expletives) Rhebel!

Sorry about that mate, i actually think as i get older i'm losing a bit of my hearing, least that's what the wife says. i get a bit of buzzing now and again, i work with a petrol motor on most days within earshot, i only lately started wearing ear defenders.

As I've got older I've reverted to wearing ear defenders for using the likes of the lawn mower, car polisher, drill and even the vacuum cleaner in the house. The 'ringing' in my ears is due to the abuse they got listening to Deep Purple and Steely Dan on max volume during my misspent youth.

As I've got older I've reverted to wearing ear defenders for using the likes of the lawn mower, car polisher, drill and even the vacuum cleaner in the house. The 'ringing' in my ears is due to the abuse they got listening to Deep Purple and Steely Dan on max volume during my misspent youth.

That’s interesting bearman as whenever I have been around loud noise it gets worse (after the Football or cinema for eg). Mine is a side effect of some medication I take (legal medication I should add lol). Some days better than others?

I also have a horrible noise in my ears. They call it the nagging wife syndrome.:D

Sorry guy's I don't want to make light of your illness but I couldn't resist it.

My last job was as a safety officer and I sent people off site for not wearing proper protection. If they could see how I work at home they would be totally shocked. I will say though after having metal splinters removed from my eyes I now always have safety glasses on for anything that can damage my eyes. I even wear safety glasses for cutting the grass but that is because I was stung twice around my eyes after I probably upset some insects with nests in the ground.