CRISTIANO RONALDO and Pepe are always asking Bruno Alves what’s going on at Rangers.

The Portugal stars never miss a chance to ask their pal how he is getting on at Rangers and Alves thinks Pepe would love to play in Scotland.

The fellow Portuguese idols who were once Real Madrid team-mates, never miss a chance to quiz the stopper about life at Ibrox.

Alves is even convinced Pepe, now at Besiktas, would savour playing in Scotland.

The 35-year-old desperately hopes the next chat with his pals will be about the Betfred Cup final on November 26.

He said: “I speak to them all the time about clubs I’ve been at.“Cristiano played in Manchester so he knows about Scottish football and Rangers.

“Pepe also played against Rangers before when we were in the same team.

“Everybody knows about football here in Scotland.“I spoke about how intense the game is here, and how physical it is.“Pepe is like ‘my style is also liking confrontations’.

“Maybe it’s a place one day he can come to play because he will be pleased.“I don’t know if it’s possible because he’s now playing for Besiktas in Turkey but football is so small. Everything can happen.

“I never expected to come here but when I got the offer it was my choice because I know all about the club and the football.“Cristiano and Pepe weren’t surprised about me coming because football is like that. Everything happens so fast.”

Alves is fully fit again after a calf knock which robbed him of an Old Firm debut at the end of last month.Now he can’t wait for a first ever game at Hampden.

Alves said: “These kind of games are all very special.“Every game where you can reach a final is emotional because you are a step away.

“It’s important for the players, the club, the coach.“Because we believe in what we are doing and we believe we can win.“Something I believed when I came here was that I could bring something more to the club.“This something more is winning titles and bringing Rangers back to competitions like the Champions League.”

Alves, meanwhile, is loving life in Glasgow with his family.

And the uncompromising centre-half — who has also played in Italy, Turkey and Russia as well as his homeland *— insisted the adjustment hasn’t been a problem.

The easy-going Alves, whose English is perfect, said: “I like to go to the city centre.“There’s some restaurants there I like to have dinner with my family.

“I also like to be at home. I live in a nice house and it’s good to spend time there.“Then there’s the food. I have to be honest, everything is really fresh. That was a surprise.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1733652/rangers-bruno-alves-cristiano-ronaldo-pepe/

The Portugal stars never miss a chance to ask their pal how he is getting on at Rangers and Alves thinks Pepe would love to play in Scotland.

The fellow Portuguese idols who were once Real Madrid team-mates, never miss a chance to quiz the stopper about life at Ibrox.

Alves is even convinced Pepe, now at Besiktas, would savour playing in Scotland.

The 35-year-old desperately hopes the next chat with his pals will be about the Betfred Cup final on November 26.

He said: “I speak to them all the time about clubs I’ve been at.“Cristiano played in Manchester so he knows about Scottish football and Rangers.

“Pepe also played against Rangers before when we were in the same team.

“Everybody knows about football here in Scotland.“I spoke about how intense the game is here, and how physical it is.“Pepe is like ‘my style is also liking confrontations’.

“Maybe it’s a place one day he can come to play because he will be pleased.“I don’t know if it’s possible because he’s now playing for Besiktas in Turkey but football is so small. Everything can happen.

“I never expected to come here but when I got the offer it was my choice because I know all about the club and the football.“Cristiano and Pepe weren’t surprised about me coming because football is like that. Everything happens so fast.”

Alves is fully fit again after a calf knock which robbed him of an Old Firm debut at the end of last month.Now he can’t wait for a first ever game at Hampden.

Alves said: “These kind of games are all very special.“Every game where you can reach a final is emotional because you are a step away.

“It’s important for the players, the club, the coach.“Because we believe in what we are doing and we believe we can win.“Something I believed when I came here was that I could bring something more to the club.“This something more is winning titles and bringing Rangers back to competitions like the Champions League.”

Alves, meanwhile, is loving life in Glasgow with his family.

And the uncompromising centre-half — who has also played in Italy, Turkey and Russia as well as his homeland *— insisted the adjustment hasn’t been a problem.

The easy-going Alves, whose English is perfect, said: “I like to go to the city centre.“There’s some restaurants there I like to have dinner with my family.

“I also like to be at home. I live in a nice house and it’s good to spend time there.“Then there’s the food. I have to be honest, everything is really fresh. That was a surprise.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1733652/rangers-bruno-alves-cristiano-ronaldo-pepe/

I find it funny to think that Alvez is surprised at our food being fresh! We have access to local supply of pretty much every type of food available locally! I think Scotland oversells itself as some barren land.

I find it funny to think that Alvez is surprised at our food being fresh! We have access to local supply of pretty much every type of food available locally! I think Scotland oversells itself as some barren land.

Scotland has one of the worst rates of heart disease of any developed nation

Scotland has one of the worst rates of heart disease of any developed nation

thinking is starting to link that to cold damp climates. If you changed the weather you would change the diet considerably. nobody would be wanting stodgy heavy food if it was 100 degrees outside. Also body focus becomes more of an issue in warmer climates leading to reduced eating etc. People aren't born wanting mince and tatties for lunch its a condition of environment as much as anything else.

thinking is starting to link that to cold damp climates. If you changed the weather you would change the diet considerably. nobody would be wanting stodgy heavy food if it was 100 degrees outside. Also body focus becomes more of an issue in warmer climates leading to reduced eating etc. People aren't born wanting mince and tatties for lunch its a condition of environment as much as anything else.

Being a bluenose is not just about following the greatest club on the planet,we get health,travel,lifestyle advice of the highest quality too,great being a Bear

Alcoholism is worse than the food you eat.

Smoking, chaps, smoking.

It's amazing to think that with a packet of gaspers being something like a tenner, and beyond, people still smoke.

I speak as an ex smoker ,it is a very difficult addiction to rid yourself off,people who have never smoked just don’t realize how

difficult it is to quit.

I read somewhere that nicotine is more addictive than even heroin,don’t know if that is true but a hell of a comparison if true.

Took me many attempts before IfI ally managed to kick the filthy habit.