Dear Member,

The following have been elected to the Board of Club 1872:

Laura Fawkes

Joanne Percival

Stuart MacQuarrie

Iain Mullholland

Bruce Taylor

Euan Macfarlane

Please click here to login and view each candidate's application and personal statement.

With six applicants for the seven available places, all have been elected without a contest.

The election was overseen by Alasdair Morrison and Andrew Jenkin from Supporters Direct.

Alasdair Morrison said:

“I am grateful to Andrew Jenkin from Supporters Direct for his guidance during the election process. We have to undertake a few formalities with Companies House to formalise the appointment of the elected Board, as directors of Club 1872 and associated companies.

The application forms completed by the new Board members have been uploaded to the website. In due course, an evening meeting for Club 1872 members to meet the Board, will be arranged. The Board will also be meeting with the Club 1872’s six working groups. I am sure I speak for the entire membership in wishing our new Board the very best, as they develop the reach and influence of Club 1872.”

Club 1872

Club 1872 Board Elections 2017

Dear Member,

The following have been elected to the Board of Club 1872:

Laura Fawkes

Joanne Percival

Stuart MacQuarrie

Iain Mullholland

Bruce Taylor

Euan Macfarlane

Please click here to login and view each candidate's application and personal statement.

With six applicants for the seven available places, all have been elected without a contest.

The election was overseen by Alasdair Morrison and Andrew Jenkin from Supporters Direct.

Alasdair Morrison said:

“I am grateful to Andrew Jenkin from Supporters Direct for his guidance during the election process. We have to undertake a few formalities with Companies House to formalise the appointment of the elected Board, as directors of Club 1872 and associated companies.

The application forms completed by the new Board members have been uploaded to the website. In due course, an evening meeting for Club 1872 members to meet the Board, will be arranged. The Board will also be meeting with the Club 1872’s six working groups. I am sure I speak for the entire membership in wishing our new Board the very best, as they develop the reach and influence of Club 1872.”

Club 1872

It’s wrong to say they were elected, they weren’t.

One says they were elected. One says they were not elected. Where do you go with this?

There were 7 vacancies with only 6 names put forward for election, therefore all 6 were deemed “elected”. Normal procedure for most organisations, although there would be a opportunity for those attending an AGM to vote against any of the nominated if they desired. I assume Club1872 rules and/or constitution allow for what has transpired.

One says they were elected. One says they were not elected. Where do you go with this?

'appointed by acclamation'

An acclamation, in its most common sense, is a form of election that does not use a ballot.

What does it mean to win an election by acclamation?

The most frequent type of acclamation is a voice vote, in which the voting group is asked who favors and who opposes the proposed candidate. In the event of a lack of opposition, the candidate is considered elected.

There were 7 vacancies with only 6 names put forward for election, therefore all 6 were deemed “elected”. Normal procedure for most organisations, although there would be a opportunity for those attending an AGM to vote against any of the nominated if they desired. I assume Club1872 rules and/or constitution allow for what has transpired.

I'm amazed |Brahim didn't fire himself in under those circumstances