Rangers 1 Kilmarnock 1 Post Match Discussion.

I think we're 4 or 5 players away from a half decent side. What I want is a team who will put Aberdeen in their place and give the tims a competitive match.

Of course, the managerial appointment is the most important of all.

Edited by Gonzo79

It's difficult to tell what Jack actually did but I don't have much sympathy.

At the game I thought he'd stamped on Broadfoot and he certainly seemed to kick out but perhaps it was a reaction to Broadfoot trying to stamp on him. Broadfoot then cheated by going down theatrically.

None of this excuses Jack's actions. Walk away - simple as that.

Broadfoot went down holding his face.

The ref hasnt seen it and assumed a headbutt imho.

All jack actually did was push him away which ifms never a red.

Easy win on appeal.

Its never a red card.

He could though have never given the ref an opportunity by walking away or going down himself clutching his face like broadfoot.

Exactly he gave the ref a decision to make. The ref obviously didn't see the incident as he was busy with the penalty but because of the scuffle with all the players he decided to give both a yellow. The incident was obviously in the 4th officials normal path of vision to the penalty spot and he saw the coming together and then the dying swan act. He obviously judged Jack had hit Broadfoot and informed the referee. The referee then gave red on that information.

The problem is that you can be sent off for the intent as much as for the action. A look at Broadfoot and his face should have given the ref an indication what was on the agenda here.

The farce is that on the one hand you get people trying to pulp John's ankle, then go on and flail arms about and break people's noses and receive at most a yellow or nothing for their sins. yet pulling a jersey a little might see you booked or "touching" your opponent's face with yours gets you send off for violant conduct. Utterly ridiculous.

Edited by der Berliner