Rangers 1 Kilmarnock 1 Post Match Discussion.

It's 1-0 to us, at home.

It's the 89th minute.

We're awarded a penalty.

Yip, the ref, realising he'd awarded a penalty by mistake and would be receiving a roasting from Steven McLean and Craig Thomson in the morning quietly suggested to well known arch Rangers hater Kirk Broadfoot that he antagonise a Rangers player so he could send him off, knowing that would almost certainly lead to the penalty being saved and allow another well known Rangers hater, Chris Burke, to score an equaliser. You're right, it's obvious, how could I not have seen it before, it couldn't be any clearer...

Whilst that may be true, there is literally no argument that the ref’s farcical actions at the end didn’t have a direct impact on Kilmarnock getting the draw.

That is totally true but the referee can't watch everything at once and he was busy with the penalty. The referee also never asked the players to start a pushing pulling ruck that took the minutes to sort it out. Blaming the Ref for this is just clutching at straws and body-swerving the real problems.

So if he can’t see it then how can he send him off? It isn’t body swerving the real problems - Rangers were poor and should have done better but there is no avoiding the fact that Rangers were, yet again, victims of, at best, incompetent refereeing.

No and it shouldn't. Jack is an utter idiot.

He was one of our better players last night but he can't keep losing his discipline. Accept the red card, fine him and move on.

Again, is pushing someone now a red card offence? Or is it the movement (not contact) of the head which is now a red card?

Again, is pushing someone now a red card offence? Or is it the movement (not contact) of the head which is now a red card?

It's difficult to tell what Jack actually did but I don't have much sympathy.

At the game I thought he'd stamped on Broadfoot and he certainly seemed to kick out but perhaps it was a reaction to Broadfoot trying to stamp on him. Broadfoot then cheated by going down theatrically.

None of this excuses Jack's actions. Walk away - simple as that.

Whilst that may be true, there is literally no argument that the ref’s farcical actions at the end didn’t have a direct impact on Kilmarnock getting the draw.

Did the ref miss our penalty then? If that goes in it's 2-0 and game over. This hysteria over referees is blinding too many people from the very real problems we currently have.

Rangers were awarded a penalty. Kilmarnock players objected as they thought, as Little General said, that Broadfoot touched the ball in the box, thus allowing the free kick to be retaken. Rangers players including Jack should have let them get on with it instead of getting involved. Why Candeias was allowed to take the penalty I do not know.

Did the ref miss our penalty then? If that goes in it's 2-0 and game over. This hysteria over referees is blinding too many people from the very real problems we currently have.

We can't ignore the officials but they didn't lose us Sunday's game or the points last night.

Bad performances did that.

It's difficult to tell what Jack actually did but I don't have much sympathy.

At the game I thought he'd stamped on Broadfoot and he certainly seemed to kick out but perhaps it was a reaction to Broadfoot trying to stamp on him. Broadfoot then cheated by going down theatrically.

None of this excuses Jack's actions. Walk away - simple as that.

But focusing on the final minutes is too wilfully ignore the previous 90. We weren't good enough to beat the bottom side in our league, at home. That's the stark, cold truth and focusing on the referee distracts from the enormous deficiencies in our squad and club. That's not aimed at you by the way.

The refereeing was abysmal -- you couldn't write it. It's a penalty, albeit a soft one, but he dithers for ages before going over to the linesman. Kirk steps/stamps (whatever?) towards Jack's foot several times. Jack pushes, or certainly makes a movement with his legs -- not sure what it was tbh? -- and Kirk goes down holding his face!? There's a big stamash, that takes an age to sort out -- the players weren't even that aggressive -- before Jack gets a yellow. 2 minutes pass -- still waiting to take the penality -- before the referee stops and goes over to give Jack a red. He probably deserved a red, but that refereeing is just incompetent.

It's not the reason we couldn't see out the game, but it certainly contributed to the way the game ended: anyone waiting 9 minutes to take a penalty is under serious pressure, and the 10 men and the players all bunched up field. The game was drifting anyway, and was slipping well before.

I've lost patience. Ironically, I don't think it was Pedro's fault: We were humiliated, despite playing OK, against Motherwell and I fully expected a reaction; there was none. I'd sack every player, but ultimately it has to be the manager that takes the blame. We are utterly demoralised. It's only going to take a new manager to refresh us.