The Pedro Thread

I think we should remember that Pedro didn't just stroll into Ibrox one day and start managing the team. He was chosen and appointed after what we're told was a thorough process of diligence and assessment. Piling blame and accusation on Pedro Caixinha for another failing season is meaningless if done in isolation of the people who put him in the manager's chair.

I've said before that these are our Barnes and Brady years and that applies every bit as much to the directors as it does to the manager. Personally, I can see little to be gained from sacking Caixinha unless something is done to improve decision making at board level.

The board deserve criticism because they appointed the manager before the DoF which was bizarre.

Pedro hasn't worked - fine but let's not prolong the bad choice and make a change now with Allen having the final say.

To my mind we have had one good result during Pedro's tenure, the 3-0 win at Dolly (which was in the balance for an hour before we hit them ruthlessly on the counter), and the list of really poor defeats, both in scoreline and performance, is 3 capitulations to the tims (none even at the piggery), Motherwell, and the "sackable all on its own" Progres debacle.

There are also a number of games we have not won that we should have, or at least should have fought harder to do so, like Hibs, Hearts & Killie all at home,

The most galling stat of all is that we have won only 1 of our 5 HOME league games this season. I dont know of any Rangers manager who could spend £10M on a new team, have that run of results, throw in a Euro humiliation and a Semi Final defeat to Motherwell and expect anything other than his P45. In fact, he should be walking, not waiting for the pay-off.