The guys a defensive midfielder so he should have been thinking about playing out the win more than anyone. As I said not a red card and broadfoot was a disgrace but Jack was amateurish to get involved and that can’t just be ignored. It is in his interests to understand how he has let the team down. If he focuses on the game and winning the game we’re not talking about it today. It’s all about winning. That’s the only thing that will turn our fortunes round and Jack needs to learn from that.

Way I see it Darther if he is on the park and thinking defensively that reduces motherwells chancevto equalise. The whole situation distracted from the guy concentrating on taking a penalty and may not have helped that attempt after all the waiting and also the red card disrupted our players. He should have been thinking it’s the las minute, where is the footballing danger, drop off deeper. Broadfoot is a nobody so why even get involved. The ref and 4th assistant were shocking in those last minutes but we have to look at ourselves as well and where we are responsible.

Way I see it Darther if he is on the park and thinking defensively that reduces motherwells chancevto equalise. The whole situation distracted from the guy concentrating on taking a penalty and may not have helped that attempt after all the waiting and also the red card disrupted our players. He should have been thinking it’s the las minute, where is the footballing danger, drop off deeper. Broadfoot is a nobody so why even get involved. The ref and 4th assistant were shocking in those last minutes but we have to look at ourselves as well and where we are responsible.

What about the defenders....or the other 10 players on the pitch????

Jack's actions were stupid....but we were 1-0 up at the time - WINNING the game. As a team we were unable to hold onto that lead for a few minutes until the whistle. Killie never even had time to capitalise on having the extra man - they just ran up the pitch & scored.

What about the defenders....or the other 10 players on the pitch????

Jack's actions were stupid....but we were 1-0 up at the time - WINNING the game. As a team we were unable to hold onto that lead for a few minutes until the whistle. Killie never even had time to capitalise on having the extra man - they just ran up the pitch & scored.

There were 10 players in total after he got sent off. If you go into a confrontation like that here is a chance you will get a red whether it’s justified or not. He may or may not have helped prevent the equaliser. We’ll never know because he wasn’t on the park.

There were 10 players in total after he got sent off.

That's the whole point....there were 10 Rangers players on the pitch that failed to prevent Killie scoring - would an 11th player have made any difference, I don't think so. The remaining players were caught on the hop, yet Jack is the one getting all the blame. If he'd been sent off in the 1st 10 mins then a lot more understandable, but there was only a few minute left to hold out & they failed. Remember, their goal was setup 100% by KIRK BROADFOOT, who ain't no Messi/Ronaldo, yet he was able to run (with the ball) the length of the pitch & put in a fairly unremarkable cross which our defence completely missed, to be met by a Killie player at the back post.

Yes Jack's dismissal caused confusion in the ranks, but these are highly paid, professional players and they couldn't prevent their goal.

As I said initially, Jack's absence will be most felt if he is either banned or dropped as a result of his actions for the next match(s)

1. He's not the first player to be sent off in a silly fashion. So to suggest he should be sacked is laughable.

2. Like most of the team he played absolutely fine last night for the first hour (there's a pattern worth discussing) and only started to struggle when Killie pushed more men forward and we lost control. The same could be said for Holt, Candeias, Morelos and Nemane. In fact the worst problem for us was Tav's awful contribution which meant Jack had to cover him far too often leaving space for Killie centrally.

3. For him to react to Broadfoot showed immense immaturity and stupidity. Given this is the second time this season he's done same then we should ot appeal the red card and fine the lad a max 2 weeks wages. Again to suggest we sack him is laughable.

4. Jack has been one of our better players this season in the holding role. Does he need to improve his discipline? Of course. Has his form been less positive recently? Yes. Is he the finished article? No. Is he comparable to Ian Black? Again, that suggestion is laughable.

5. As for Holt, the wee man has shown up quite well of late. He brings energy, covers a lot of ground and is a useful player. However, he's also prone to going missing, he's too lightweight and certainly doesn't show for the ball as much as Jack does.

As always I'm all for criticism of players. Hysterical nonsense, not so much.

Clearly, he is not going to be sacked, so I accept that is just venting on my part. I completely disagree with your assessment that he played fine for an hour, or that he has been one of our better players this season. An anonymous waste of a shirt who you only see when he does something stupid. Taking a 5 yard pass from Alves and giving it to Cardoso is not what that role is supposed to do, yet that about sums up his passing credentials. I thought we were getting a good solid pro to strengthen the midfield, he has completely underachieved IMO.

Anyway, there are now bigger fish to fry with this afternoons news, so it is probably best to park this, hope he learns from his mistakes THIS time, and we see the player he supposedly can be under new management.