Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

A few snippets from FF ...

mart22

The nonsense, the ongoing nonsense in these manager threads never disappoints.

It's really very simple. This is what we know:

Mark Allen will lead the recruitment process with the executive board.

The process will not be rushed.

Applications were expected and submitted.

The club will also approach potential managers.

Here's where the process is up to:

Applications closed on Friday 17th.

Here's what is happening now and what's to come:

Finish expressions of interest in employed managers.

Assess candidates to determine which are viable options.

Shortlist viable options.

Interview viable options.

Recommend candidates to the RIFC board.

Offer job to successful candidate.

Announce new manager.

Who knows when the process will be complete. It could be in time for AGM. Really it should be but it's by no means certain.

BajanBear

As of this morning Betfair have withdrawn their next Rangers manager market.

Either someone has been lumping on a particular manager out of the blue or they know a decision is imminent.

Yes you are right. Against Hamilton I saw a team which could not pass the ball, could not tackle, could not control the ball and could not find the target. I expect too much.

A bit of an exaggeration, ain't it?

Shots: 17-4

On target: 4-2

Corners: 13-0

We hit the post and bar twice, had at least two shots cleared off the line. Had half of those gone in and McCrorie not played that killer pass ...

Football is a result's driven sport, but we should not let results become fiction.

A bit of an exaggeration, ain't it?

Shots: 17-4

On target: 4-2

Corners: 13-0

We hit the post and bar twice, had at least two shots cleared off the line. Had half of those gone in and McCrorie not played that killer pass ...

Football is a result's driven sport, but we should not let results become fiction.

If a shot hits the post or the bar its is off target.

BajanBear

As of this morning Betfair have withdrawn their next Rangers manager market.

Either someone has been lumping on a particular manager out of the blue or they know a decision is imminent.

No they haven't. Betfair have McInnes at 5/4 favourite with McLeish at 2/1.

Edited by Bluedell

I don't think it is too much to ask that we see a Rangers side winning and playing good football, given the standard of most of the opposition.

While there are degrees of it, I think being highly stylish is almost impossible in Scottish football these days, as the better the team we have, the more we'll face the parked bus.

Even Barca are not stylish when faced with a well organised, very defensive side - as Walter proved, and even they had the advantage that the referee would not allow our team to kick, stamp, wrestle and elbow them off the park.

What we need is a team that can quickly and easily change pace, tactics and formations that provide a high number of incisive attacks against a deep sitting 9 man defence, while being able to adeptly defend the counter attack.

The entertainment would come from the incessant attempts at goal, and the number of conversions.

If a shot hits the post or the bar its is off target.

In my lifetime and in my experience, hitting the woodwork has always been thought of as unlucky rather than a lack of ability (except in extreme cases where it looked easier to score or in a penalty, especially the bar).

The team might not have been good enough as it's Hamilton at home and they should have been enough in reserve to overcome any bad luck, but I don't think we need to get into nit picking.