Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

Someone said the deadline for applications was the 17th. Next is shortlisting and interviews. It's the 21st so I can't see how any announcement would be imminent.

I think you can have an opinion on the board for their schedule but I can't see how you can criticise them for following it.

Interested in van Bronckhurst’s statement. I don’t know how it is in Holland, but in the English league, Feyenoord's current form would get him the sack, regardless of injuries & the fact he won the title last season (see Ranieri for example). So it would be a good time for him to leave, & Feyenoord might accept a cut-price offer to avoid possibly having to pay him off. Clearly the best option for Rangers, and a realistic one who would be worth pursuing.

Interested in van Bronckhurst’s statement. I don’t know how it is in Holland, but in the English league, Feyenoord's current form would get him the sack, regardless of injuries & the fact he won the title last season (see Ranieri for example). So it would be a good time for him to leave, & Feyenoord might accept a cut-price offer to avoid possibly having to pay him off. Clearly the best option for Rangers, and a realistic one who would be worth pursuing.

Yes I can just see Gio swapping CL for the arse end of Scottish football

Yes I can just see Gio swapping CL for the arse end of Scottish football

Feyenoord are already out of Europe, and unlikely to get back in to the Champions League any time soon. If Celtic can attract Brendan Rogers to the SPFL, then we should be going after a top class boss as well.

Feyenoord are already out of Europe, and unlikely to get back in to the Champions League any time soon. If Celtic can attract Brendan Rogers to the SPFL, then we should be going after a top class boss as well.

I doubt Gio will be sacked in the near future but you never know for certain. What makes everyone think that he is the best candidate? Yes Feynoord won the league but Van Bronkhurst went through a period where he even called in Dick Advocaat as his advisor. I like Gio as a player and a person but I am far from convinced he is the manager that everyone seems to think he is. Frank de Boer has won 4 Dutch titles and has far more experience than van Bronkhorst. One thing you can also add is the last 2 seasons at Ajax was FdB not a title winner the last stupidly losing on the last day.