Graeme Murty

Well that was weird. Tried to edit my post to fix some faulty grammar and it hit the delete key two millimeters above my thumb click!

Corrected original post below.

Do you mean a raise because he would be first team manager? It would still be a cheaper option than McInnes wouldn't it?

I've been thinking he might be the best option. I've read that other managers think highly of him and that he's incredibly intelligent. He is obviously well spoken and navigates the inevitable bait questions from press well, despite his inexperience.

If I recall, he set up well against the scum, giving us a chance at least, which is more than Pedro did. He seems to have the respect and ears of the players. His inexperience is the only negative as far as I can see.

Yes that is what I meant.

Could be moot if he doesn't want the job. He appears to already have what I suspect is a safe well paid job he enjoys while the job we're suggesting he get has been a poison chalice for sometime. Never heard of him expressing the slightest interest in changing jobs.

Mutry is the smallest gamble we have. You could give him this season and it would just cost a bit higher wage. I doubt we will be buying many players in January so we could see what he does. Just to the winter pause to start with is also an option.
And if we miss out on europe. Or even come third.

Its still a huge gamble to appoint him.

One worth considering i should add.

And if we miss out on europe. Or even come third.

Its still a huge gamble to appoint him.

One worth considering i should add.

Totally true but that is a gamble with every manager.

Totally true but that is a gamble with every manager.
More so with an inexperienced one. Though its more the perception thats a bigger risk.

If the board appoint murty and its a failure then they will get slaughtered.

If they appoint an experienced one, he will.

More so with an inexperienced one. Though its more the perception thats a bigger risk.

If the board appoint murty and its a failure then they will get slaughtered.

If they appoint an experienced one, he will.

I suspect the board may give him Xmas as it buys them time. He is doing a great job and if it continues then leave him until the end of season. Then they have another decision to make? If public perception favours him then they may decide he is the best option?

Edited by cooponthewing

I suspect the board may give him Xmas as it buys them time. He is doing a great job and if it continues then leave him until the end of season. Then they have another decision to make? If public perception favours him then they may decide he is the best option?

the papers today, and Cosgrove yesterday were saying McInnes will be announced on Thursday

Funny!, we were talking about who we would like as new manager going through in the car, I have no idea who I would like and I wouldn't mind giving Murty a wee run at it to see how he does, whoever the new manager will be he won't be able to bring in too many, if any!, new players immediately.

The current squad respect him and seem to be behind him so personally I don't think it would be a bad thing to let him continue in the meantime!, also it would be a cheaper option and less of a gamble.