Same could be said for Windass and Miller, both of whom have scored less goals.

Windass has 17 apps, with 4 goals...slightly lower than Miller on the goal scoring, but i'm sure his overall contribution stats will be notably higher.

If you call that control you and I have very different ideas of what control actually means.
I'm not saying Miller has the first touch of Messi but at least he makes contact with the ball whereas Pena lets it slip under his studs.

I'm not saying Miller has the first touch of Messi but at least he makes contact with the ball whereas Pena lets it slip under his studs.

It's funny how two people can watch the same games and see something completely different. Miller tries hard and can't ever be criticised for effort, however his touch is very poor by any standard, never mind an international footballer. Pen in the other hand is a real creator, and I was impressed with him. Where Pena excels is when he is collecting the ball while running at the defence. Where he is less effective is when he receives it with his back to goal.

I just can't see much (if anything) that puts Miller ahead of Pena. As I said though, it's amazing how polar opposite our opinions are after watching the same games.

I would almost rather it actually passes under his studs. At least the ball, for the most part, is moving forwards towards our opponents goal....

Miller takes a 1st touch 10 yards inside the oppoenents half and his next touch is 10 yards inside his own.

Miller's control is absolutely abominable for a professional - and Pena, whilst not great, simply cannot have a worst 1st touch that Miller - it isn't possible. Miller is the current decade's version of Carlton Cole, who turned an offensive 1st touch into his own team defending.