Blackburn midfielder Tugay's future at the club has been placed in doubt after he was left out of the starting line-up for the FA Cup semi-final against Chelsea. (Daily Mirror)

Here is a player who we shouldnt have sold in the first place.

He has been playing consistantly well for the last 2 seasons even though he is 33/34 and id welcome him back in the summer even on a years contract.

Yeah, he's definitely getting on, I think he's 36.

Another one who should never have been sold and never really seemed to be rated by DA.

Could he do a job for a season or two in the SPL? Probably.

Don't see why not, Wier,Ugo,Brewster & Latapy to name a few

I had a poster up on my wall for ages of himself and Albertz clapping their hands at the fans on their final game for the club.

Obviously more of the attention was focused on Albertz but i was sad to see Tugay go too.

Although i dont think he appreciated playing for the club as much as he could have, i remember on one occasion he was quoted as saying playing in division one/the championship (where Blackburn were at the time) would be a step up from the SPL. (maybe he was mis-quoted, wouldnt be surprised).

That may be true of the SPL, but club v club, no contest.

I had a poster up on my wall for ages of himself and Albertz clapping their hands at the fans on their final game for the club.

Obviously more of the attention was focused on Albertz but i was sad to see Tugay go too.

Although i dont think he appreciated playing for the club as much as he could have,

I think this was because he was in a midfield full of quality superstars and fans favourites but he was great at his job of digging in and winning things. Id take him back for a season.

Tugay saved me from a kicking in Barcelona.

had been to see Barce play Galatasaray and was in pub after the game. Gala fans came in, me and the missus had Barce scarves etc on and you could see they were looking for trouble. Started getting a bit of verbal from them until I mentioned rangers and Tugay, next thing I know we're all talking about how brilliant he was and were best buddies. At airport next day, they came over for a chat. Lovely chaps!!!