Important: New forum software discussion

7 minutes ago, Crimson Dynamo said:

I've been getting pop-ups on my phone since the move.

Had been wondering why and if i'd done something as I didn't get them before. Glad to know it is normal :-) 

I don't think you should be getting pop up ads on any device (unless you're not logged in).

For 'ordinary' forum members, ads should be limited to one above the fold (i.e. at the top of the page) and one (occasionally) larger ad at the bottom (where most people won't scroll to anyway).  These should be just normal Javascript ads on all devices with no pop ups.

Only pop-ups may be notifications or 'sticky notes' which we may send on occasion.

2 hours ago, Frankie said:

I don't think you should be getting pop up ads on any device (unless you're not logged in).

For 'ordinary' forum members, ads should be limited to one above the fold (i.e. at the top of the page) and one (occasionally) larger ad at the bottom (where most people won't scroll to anyway).  These should be just normal Javascript ads on all devices with no pop ups.

Only pop-ups may be notifications or 'sticky notes' which we may send on occasion.

when i log in on my phone, i keep getting taken to the google play store.

15 hours ago, Crimson Dynamo said:

when i log in on my phone, i keep getting taken to the google play store.

That doesn't seem right at all so I'm not sure it's an issue from this site but perhaps your device has picked up some adware.  No-one else has reported it anyway.

What I'd initially suggest is trying a different browser.  However, if you'd prefer keeping your usual one, try emptying the cache or reinstalling to clear any conflicts.

Let me know if that doesn't work.

12 hours ago, John_Eric_Bartholomew said:

Uploading images straight to your post...

Currently in the insert other media section there is an 'insert existing attachment'. I don't think this is available on mobile?

Will it be possible to upload images straight to the post?

As a general rule for all, images already online can simply be cut and pasted into a post using their address (or even just copy the image and paste).  These can be resized as well once the editor has displayed them for you.

Site contributors can also upload attachments and I don't think that's device dependent.  There should be an option in the editor for that.

Just now, compo said:

Will the posting of a photograph be the same 

If you see a pic online just right click it, select copy and then paste it into your Gersnet editor.  After a moment or two the image will appear and you can resize it via clicking on it.

2 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

How do you post a pic on a thread

On the lower right side of the text window is a greyish pull down menue saying "Insert other media". If you click on that, you get the option to "Insert an existing attachment" (whatever that is) or "Insert image from URL". Click on the latter and C&P the picture / images link.