I kind of agree... partly. Fergie would've been more adventurous, but he was always difficult to beat in the big games -- it was, like Mourinho, about not losing first. He always played defensive-type players in big games, like Park.

However, I'm not sure a Fergie side could play that way against a Guardiola side -- Guardiola bested him several times in the CL, two finals if I recall correctly.

What about the side that Fergie played to beat Arsenal? It had 8 defenders, including Brown, Rafael, Vidic, Fabio, Smalling, Evra and O'shea!? (It even had Gibson!)

Messi, with the help of Xavi, Iniesta. But at least he competed. This is the premier league, fergie would go well after them.

I kind of agree... partly. Fergie would've been more adventurous, but he was always difficult to beat in the big games -- it was, like Mourinho, about not losing first. He always played defensive-type players in big games, like Park.

However, I'm not sure a Fergie side could play that way against a Guardiola side -- Guardiola bested him several times in the CL, two finals if I recall correctly.

What about the side that Fergie played to beat Arsenal? It had 8 defenders, including Brown, Rafael, Vidic, Fabio, Smalling, Evra and O'shea!? (It even had Gibson!)

When you have Xavi, Iniesta and Messi in their pomp (all through the youth system *)......it must have made a managers life so much easier.

* the three Barca players with most all-time appearences for the club (more than 2,000 matches between them).

What made the Guardiola system (at Barca) so effective and difficult to defend against was the cutting edge that was and is Messi, often supplied by the other two aforementioned.

The talk is about Jose trying to stop Man City, imagine Fergie doing that, he would be going after them full pelt.

Shocking if its off due to weather, 170k a week and cant play in a chill.

If it's off it'll be for the safety of the fans not because the players don't fancy playing in the cold.

When you have Xavi, Iniesta and Messi in their pomp (all through the youth system *)......it must have made a managers life so much easier.

* the three Barca players with most all-time appearences for the club (more than 2,000 matches between them).

What made the Guardiola system (at Barca) so effective and difficult to defend against was the cutting edge that was and is Messi, often supplied by the other two aforementioned.

It certainly helps to have those players, but the tactical nous and playing philosophy elevated them, like it's elevating Man City now.

It certainly helps to have those players, but the tactical nous and playing philosophy elevated them, like it's elevating Man City now.

Guardiola’s City this season are showing just how good a manager he is.

I recall certain forum members last season slaying him for not being able to improve players.... those same forum members are very quiet now given city’s position and the form Sterling is in...

I recall certain forum members last season slaying him for not being able to improve players.... those same forum members are very quiet now given city’s position and the form Sterling is in...

Got to agree but I do hope they drop points over Dec but its unlikely, they have scraped the easy games.

What about West Ham today though, I had a sly 30 bucks on them at 6/1 but gutted i didnt got for 1-0 at 15/1 which I thought.

City have been my English side since I was a kid. Not that interested these days though - English football is just a circus. Half and half scarves, foreign owners and players and stadiums half full of tourists...eugh.

Still hope they stuff that club from just outside Manchester though. Stuff yer Lou Macari, Matt Busby and Brian McClair.

Sterling had a terrific first season at Liverpool then dipped. Has he made him better?

Funny how Guardiola only goes to tea who are absolutely loaded. He's a good manager but the wankfest over him is OTT.

When Guardiola win the league with the budget of a Stoke or Southampton, then he'll be the best manager in the world. More likely his next move will be to PSG and even more money to spend.