Declan John signs 3.5yr deal....

I'm happy with this, the lad is a decent player and still has potential has, he is very similar to Beerman(18) so maybe going forward we have decent laft sided players with potential

I had forgotten about Beerman there. I liked the look of that young lad and he didnt look far away from being able to play regularly in our first team. It makes the decision to give John a 3.5yr deal all the more astonishing when we have our captain to come in and Beerman should be pushing Wallace for a place, not pushing John for a place on the bench! Of course it could be that Wallace is completely goosed, and it will be between John and Beerman (and Hodson?) for the place.

Then again, every decisionfrom our board at present on footballing matters is more baffling than the last.

John can’t defend. The 3rd goal St J got was pathetic from his perspective. He can only play in an advanced role but he has the type of pace and timing which is more suited to an attacking full back. It’s a puzzle for me. His signing on ly makes sense if we have a strong defender in behind him. Perhaps GM has a formation in mind.

Edited by Walterbear

Probably the poorest left back I have seen at the club. Dreadful defender.

Good pace and dribbling, maybe better further forward but that's a maybe and another unknown.

Another dreadful signing and waste of money.

A waste of wages you seem to say? For he's a freebie of course.

Said it months back. Lee Wallace will never play for the club again he's not injured he's suspended indefinitely.

Uh ... now that's some claim.

A waste of wages you seem to say? For he's a freebie of course.

Uh ... now that's some claim.

Yes it is. He isn't good enough at left back and we've just spent a bit of the little money we have without strengthening.

As for Wallace said it before and will say it again I was told way back then he was barred from the club during pedros tenure. Have been waiting to see if he would reappear after he was gone but his absence continues with very very little said. I was told way back then he was the one caught leaking information to the press and suspended as a result. I was told he would not be seen in a rangers top again.

Seems completely out of character for him but as time goes on its looking more and more like the truth. He's been nearound invisible. Did he do captains duty this xmas?

Yes it is. He isn't good enough at left back and we've just spent a bit of the little money we have without strengthening.

As for Wallace said it before and will say it again I was told way back then he was barred from the club during pedros tenure. Have been waiting to see if he would reappear after he was gone but his absence continues with very very little said. I was told way back then he was the one caught leaking information to the press and suspended as a result. I was told he would not be seen in a rangers top again.

Seems completely out of character for him but as time goes on its looking more and more like the truth. He's been nearound invisible. Did he do captains duty this xmas?

He's been training with the team though ever since ...

121217_training_kranjcar_wallace_holt_jack_01.jpg

https://rangers.co.uk/news/galleries/hibs-training-gallery-2/

Well, we shall see.