Declan John signs 3.5yr deal....

RANGERS have agreed a three and a half year contract with Declan John to make his loan deal permanent.

The 22-year-old jumped at the chance to head to Ibrox on loan in the summer as he looked for regular first team football.

The full back has played 14 times since arriving and scored two goals against Hamilton in only his third match for the Light Blues.

In the absence of regular skipper Lee Wallace, John has become a fixture in the side at left back.

The former Cardiff City defender is a Welsh international with two caps for the senior side, and will now remain at Ibrox until the summer of 2021.

I do assume that the management view him as a solution for the left wing in front of Wallace. Both could complement one another, so good stuff.

I think they get in each other’s way and can leave us exposed as a result. Unless our midfield defence covers better and we have more pace at centre half to cover. Certainly McRorie has the attributes to cover but need s couple more like him defensively.

Edited by Walterbear

I'm happy with this, the lad is a decent player and still has potential, he is very similar to Beerman(18) so maybe going forward we have decent left sided players with potential

Edited by ian1964