I'm not so sure. Alan Hutton went for half that 10 years ago. We've seen a major boom since then. £18 Million doesn't seem "insane" for one of the best players in the league; certainly not when they're touting £40 Million plus!

In fairness, Alan Hutton was flying in the CL and looked a real player. Scottish players are weird though. They can look wonderful in their younger years and then they just turn to absolute shit. Alan Hutton tore Lyon a new arsehole in the CL, then had the most pathetic career ever in England.

Funnily enough, randomly I am now working with someone who not so long ago was considered one of the hottest prospects in Scottish football. He's now working in an oil company and playing amateur level.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

The problem is that with this money and the millions they get from the CL, they'll dwarf the budgets of all other Scottish professional teams put together. Something which seemingly does not matter to the Scottish media when they laud the "Invincibles". But ... should naughty mega-rich PSG humble them, monetary disparities in football are suddenly a point of debate.

We can but hope that they burn a lot of that money on the super-soft CoOp Bank loan which is due next year and that Rodgers won't find too many Sinclairs again.

Was this bothering you during 9IAR?

Was this bothering you during 9IAR?

I would argue that in those years a) we were not as far away from the Yahoos as they are now from the rest, nor b) was it the case that 10 or even 11 out of 12 Premiership sides were not able to spend any sort of money whatsoever on a player for the best part of 5 years.

And as far as I remember, not least in 92/93, our "Invincible" status was not as stark as their's is now, nor did the media keep rather silent about the riches that made successful runs possible.

Edited by der Berliner

£18m for Dembele who has scored just 4 goals in the SPFL premiership this season ? [emoji23]

They were trying to punt him in the summer to the EPL but there were no takers. No difficult to understand why

Hes been 3rd choice recently at celtc.

English clubs are minted but its hard to believe they are that daft.