Transfer Window Preview: Part 1 - Who Could Leave?

Its a tricky one. Some incoming cash would be useful but we shouldnt leave ourselves short especially with our injury record.

Plus it would be more sensible to let the next manager decide who stays or goes so I would say minimal business would be done in January unless its for money we cant turn down.

Any outgoings will also have an impact on Halliday and O Hallaran, either if they come back or are sold permanently.

Players like Dalcio would be the first off the books for me though, he doesnt feature and we should be paying any wage for a loanee who doesnt play.

Alves, Dalcio, Pena, Herrera, Windass, Wallace, Cordoso, Tavernier, are my guess

Probably bring in £8mish

I'd keep Wallace, Windass and Tav only because I can't see us replacing them all. We have a decent bunch of players, we just need a manager who can get them all playing as a team and give them some direction.

Dalcio. What an absolute disaster he's been.

I feel we are far too eager to get players off the books. They may not be of the quality we'd like in a Ranger, but they are our best players for now; we really shouldn't be selling them until we get some players in.

I feel we are far too eager to get players off the books. They may not be of the quality we'd like in a Ranger, but they are our best players for now; we really shouldn't be selling them until we get some players in.

We need to strengthen but our squad is already thin. We need more players in rather than losing any. The only player I would let go without a replacement would be Dalcio as he hasn't featured. The rest would need to be a player in before considering letting any go.

Biggest needs are a proper creative player and strengthen the left hand side of midfield - though we could be ok there if Wallace gets fit, allowing John to move further forward

The age old conundrum that we are far too accustomed to applies........

Those who may be in demand are usually those who we'd prefer to stay and those we'd give up our time to drive to X club are those who will be on more money than anyone else in their right mind would be prepared to pay them.

The latter group is a sizable one both in numbers and in pounds sterling. How we'll be able to finance pay-offs at a time when even without any leaving, we need bodies in that will improve us, I don't know.

Most of the transfer spend of summer 2017 is still owed to the various clubs and I doubt we can keep adding to it without something relative going the other way.

I'd keep Wallace, Windass and Tav only because I can't see us replacing them all. We have a decent bunch of players, we just need a manager who can get them all playing as a team and give them some direction.

Dalcio. What an absolute disaster he's been.

Agree with you there.

The list is who i think will go not who i hope to see go.

true of course but we must maximize revenues at the same time. Players like tavernier in last 18 months has to be sold this window to get as much as possible, league is all but gone so plenty time to get a replacement before next season. Assuming the fact an extension has not been released, taking it he knocked it back then.

This is where DoFs earn their corn. If Tav’s not signing a new contract he’ll have to go now or in the summer for less. We’ve then got a judgement call to make on the basis of offers and the availability of potential alternatives. But we’ve not got the cash to play hardball at the moment so any respectable offer will surely see him go. Pity but selling for s profit is necessary for us.

don't get the martyn signing at all if it happens.

do we really want a loan signing playing in front of the two youth players who have excelled when brought in and cordoso, who is a better player in my opinion?

Hate to see cordoso go, will be another that we miss out on a big pay day from.

Anytime ive seen Martin play for Scotland he has been awful, with everyone laughing at how bad he is. Just a big slow lump.

would rather watch our own big lump play.

The thought of the next few years watching a centre half pairing of wilson and martyn makes me cringe. Horrible thought. Stick with our youth players at least their cheap and excusable.