New things and Sean Goss report

Hi,

Self-imposed exile briefly broken to wish you all a Happy New Year and to say "hello" to upgraded forum/new platform.

I have a pal who for various reasons knows a lot about QPR and sees them every game. So, I aked him re our latest signing, and he replied:

"So glad our clubs are doing transfer business !

This guy may be our revenge for Bob Malcolm.

Goss is actually a bit more complicated.

He impressed as captain of Manchester United's U23s and that got him a move to Loftus Road a year ago.

U23 football is played on pristine surfaces against other bright young things and is nothing like the real world.

Or the world of Scott Brown.

He has had precious few opportunities in the Championship and when he has he's struggled.

The pace and the physicality of the man's game has been too much for him.

Famously and idiotically Olly suddenly decided to give him a turn in the hectic Griffin Park derby (think Old Firm) in April and soon had to withdraw him.

He is about six feet two and about 10 stone and now has to realise that there is more to football than spraying passes while under no pressure.

At 22 he should be playing first team football somewhere.

On the plus side there is a player in there waiting to come out.

His left foot is a wand.

He can certainly lay a pass.

That side of him makes you think of Michael Carrick.

The R's fans are less impressed that he turned down a loan move to Yeovil in August.

And his oversized SUV with its G055YT0SSY style plate has also drawn comment.

He is a midfielder and just because he has filled in as a CB in a three occasionally does not make him a defender.

Falco, Hately, Francis, Spackman, Woods, Wilkins, Malcolm, Goss....any others spring to mind?"

Yes, you were all correct, it is hard to stay away!

As others have said - a seemingly Warburton-esque signing it would seem.

The lack of option on the lad is also a concern. Essentially it seems to be a massive punt on an unproven talent. And if it pays off, he will toddle off back to London in the summer.

If this is an example of Mark Allen's influence then so far I am underwhelmed.

He has had precious few opportunities in the Championship and when he has he's struggled.

The pace and the physicality of the man's game has been too much for him.

Famously and idiotically Olly suddenly decided to give him a turn in the hectic Griffin Park derby (think Old Firm) in April and soon had to withdraw him.

He is about six feet two and about 10 stone and now has to realise that there is more to football than spraying passes while under no pressure..........

.........And his oversized SUV with its G055YT0SSY style plate has also drawn comment.

Maybe he's been sent up to Scotland to bulk up on monster munch.

If there is an North wind blowing up in Fraserburgh on gameday, he might end up in Aberdeen.

They say first impressions are important and I look at the pics and read 'GO55YTOSSY' and think that this loan deal won't serve any good for any party involved. Very unfair and based on pretty much 'nothing concrete' but I'll be surprised if I'm wrong.

Rangers-Signing-Ibrox-Stadium.jpg

Edited by buster.

Maybe he's been sent up to Scotland to bulk up on monster munch.

If there is an North wind blowing up in Fraserburgh on gameday, he might end up in Aberdeen.

They say first impressions are important and I look at the pics and read 'GO55YTOSSY' and think that this loan deal won't serve any good for any party involved. Very unfair and based on pretty much 'nothing concrete' but I'll be surprised if I'm wrong.

Rangers-Signing-Ibrox-Stadium.jpg

As I said before Jordon Thomson mark 11 comes to mind.

Like I said on another thread, such a shame for our own talented boys who have been giving their all at Auchenhowie for years, who would want to be a youth player at Rangers? The lads (apart from McCrorie) have got no chance.

As I said before Jordon Thomson mark 11 comes to mind.

The little I saw of Thompson, I quite liked but there were other noises (eg. John Hughes/Raith manager) who called him out for his attitude.

Generally, some young players who go through the Man Utd academy system appear to wear a chip on their shoulder (eg. M.Stewart) and don't seem to recall that despite being attached to ManUtd, they didn't actually make it. You can see the logic, young guy signs for big club and he thinks he's 'made', doesn't make it but likes and keeps the mental picture of being a big club player....He then continues to speak/act 'big' but can't back it up on park.

Agree with Blueger, the likes of Barjonas surely have to be a better option, for several different reasons.

Edited by buster.

Well I would like to give you some positives on the lad , he was the one that wanted away from Man U so he could get first team football.

Man U think so highly of him they inserted a buy back clause in his sale to QPR.

Ian Holloway rates him and the reason he has not featured more is that QPR are in a dogfight and Holloway wants fighters not footballers at present.

It was also Holloway that made reference to Carrick in the boys style of play ,and was also the one that believes he will flourish in a team that dominates games.

In 95% of our matches that is us so let’s cut the lad and Mark Allen a little slack and see how it pans out.