MOH on his return

“I maybe have a point to prove to some people, but I don’t think that in this league there’s any point there to prove for me."

Sorry Michael, you are only as good as your last game.  And establishing yourself as a decent performer in a poor league, is not the same as establishing yourself as a decent performer for us.   I know that these interviews are an exercise in generic platitudes, so I really hope that you didn't actually think you had made it.

When Kevin Thomson said to Walter when asked how he felt his first few months ago, when he said 'aye alright' (or similar) - he was quickly told in no uncertain terms that 'awright was not fucking good enough'.   

Unless O'Halleron is able to adapt his game and his mindset quickly, he will fade back to being a decent SPFL performer with someone else.  And reading between the lines, I think he knows that is likely to be the case.

Edited by stewarty

15 minutes ago, stewarty said:

“I maybe have a point to prove to some people, but I don’t think that in this league there’s any point there to prove for me."

Sorry Michael, you are only as good as your last game.  And establishing yourself as a decent performer in a poor league, is not the same as establishing yourself as a decent performer for us.   I know that these interviews are an exercise in generic platitudes, so I really hope that you didn't actually think you had made it.

When Kevin Thomson said to Walter when asked how he felt his first few months ago, when he said 'aye alright' (or similar) - he was quickly told in no uncertain terms that 'awright was not fucking good enough'.   

Unless O'Halleron is able to adapt his game and his mindset quickly, he will fade back to being a decent SPFL performer with someone else.  And reading between the lines, I think he knows that is likely to be the case.

I said the same above: Playing for Rangers is very different to playing for any other side. 

That comment annoyed me somewhat. 

That's an unbelievably bad attitude for any player to have, especially one that wants to break into the first 11 of a club like Rangers.  Little comments like that give a real insight into a player's psyche and aft that, I'd be telling him to find another club.  The thing is that his attitude in games seems to tie in with this statement because he just isn't working hard enough for me.

i suspect you guys are right and he realises it and suspects he will be away soon.  I hope so.

A good player on his day but his attributes just dont fit in with our style of play. A fast counter-attacking forward, he is being played as a winger who gets the ball with 10 defenders in front of him. He hasnt a hope in hell of playing his best football at our club. My guess is he was brought back to be makeweight in a deal to bring a better suited player in.

3 hours ago, Gaffer said:

That's an unbelievably bad attitude for any player to have, especially one that wants to break into the first 11 of a club like Rangers.  Little comments like that give a real insight into a player's psyche and aft that, I'd be telling him to find another club.  The thing is that his attitude in games seems to tie in with this statement because he just isn't working hard enough for me.

i suspect you guys are right and he realises it and suspects he will be away soon.  I hope so.

Watch yourself we are supposed to back him no matter what apparently 

1 hour ago, the gunslinger said:

Watch yourself we are supposed to back him no matter what apparently 

pretty childish dig GS, who said we had to back any player? I did say I was not a fan of his if you read my post.

I think I said calling our own player a useless wank was uncalled for and pretty childish so seems there's a theme here from you :sigh:

25 minutes ago, johnnyk said:

pretty childish dig GS, who said we had to back any player? I did say I was not a fan of his if you read my post.

I think I said calling our own player a useless wank was uncalled for and pretty childish so seems there's a theme here from you :sigh:

It was very childish. Hugely accurate mind you. I just couldnt be bothered wasting time or energy on him. 

He doesnt return the favour for us.