Gers Confirm Cummings Signing

21 hours ago, Bluedell said:

His lack of appearances on the pitch and on the bench give a fair indicator of his performances in training.

More like Dorrans, Jack, Holt, Miller and Windass et al are ahead in the slots that Dalcio usually plays in? In their manager's eyes that is. He's a central / attacking midfielder ...

2 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

You really should stop relying on Transfermarkt to tell you the positions of players.

Matter of fact, Transfermarkt gives you a decent account of where he was used before ... and if you check his performance data, they actually contradict themselves a little, since he's played winger quite a bit.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/dalcio/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/323589

In any case, He still has enough more experienced or "better" players ahead of him in our squad in any position he's played in.

33 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

More like Dorrans, Jack, Holt, Miller and Windass et al are ahead in the slots that Dalcio usually plays in? In their manager's eyes that is. He's a central / attacking midfielder ...

Dalcio's a wide player and given our team has hardly been setting the heather alight in the league, and we don't have a huge number of wide players and Dalcio has had, what, one (?) minute of league playing time and more often doesn't even make the bench tells you what you need to know,

7 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Dalcio's a wide player and given our team has hardly been setting the heather alight in the league, and we don't have a huge number of wide players and Dalcio has had, what, one (?) minute of league playing time and more often doesn't even make the bench tells you what you need to know,

He was used as a left winger early on, before PC threw Windass and Miller into that role. Murty stuck with that selection. The right wing slot has been firmly in the hand of Candeias. And, BTW, we hardly know anything about his injury record either.

You could be right of course, yet, I see no reason to hand the younger players like Dalcio, Beerman, Hardie and Co. the "dud" attribute just because managers don't view them as first team material just now ... especially if their slots in the first team are covered.

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

He was used as a left winger early on, before PC threw Windass and Miller into that role. Murty stuck with that selection. The right wing slot has been firmly in the hand of Candeias. And, BTW, we hardly know anything about his injury record either.

You could be right of course, yet, I see no reason to hand the younger players like Dalcio, Beerman, Hardie and Co. the "dud" attribute just because managers don't view them as first team material just now ... especially if their slots in the first team are covered.

There's a difference between Dalcio and the other two. Dalcio is here on loan and if he's not seen as good enough to provide cover on the bench for Windass and Candeias then he's obviously not great. You'd normally expect a wide player to be on the bench to be able to come on a provide something different but he's mostly been sitting in front of me in the directors' box.

The other two are our players and we are looking to develop and improve them. Hardy has a few limited chances but just doesn't seem good enough for our first team. He may be able to make a career with a lower half SPL club. Beerman looked quite good when he played last year but has apparently not been great in the development squad this season but hopefully his time on loan will re-invigorate him.

Dalcio may yet develop into a player but it's not going to be with us over the next 4 months.

2 hours ago, der Berliner said:

No he isn’t, he’s a winger, no matter what transfer market tells you

I remember when Dalcio signed he was described as a winger but it had also been suggested he might play in a holding role as he'd been featuring there for his team more recently.

Obviously in the few games he has played for us, he's been used as a winger though.

Given all the signings we've made I can't see the lad playing much as it stands but I hope he (and his critics) took some confidence from his performance against Corinthians where I thought he did pretty well.

4 minutes ago, Frankie said:

I remember when Dalcio signed he was described as a winger but it had also been suggested he might play in a holding role as he'd been featuring there for his team more recently.

Obviously in the few games he has played for us, he's been used as a winger though.

Given all the signings we've made I can't see the lad playing much as it stands but I hope he (and his critics) took some confidence from his performance against Corinthians where I thought he did pretty well.

I would much prefer Barjonas got game time before him, or any other young player, I just don't see what he brings to the team better than what we already have!