Man City pull out of Sanchez bid

Well done City manager and board. Stating the finances involved are too high and that they cant offer him a wage higher than the other players at the club. Although I do expect they will get him in the summer if he doesnt leave.

Interesting now to see if Man Utd hold their word and bid or will they try drop the offer a bit. But Chelsea have just entered the bid also.

Great player but disrupting. Not sure greed is coming into it, seems he has only said he wants to play for City but time will tell. Surprised PSG havent came in for him.

He cant surely pull on an Arsenal shirt again though.

7 minutes ago, Gazza_8 said:

I really hope he doesn't end up signing for Man Utd but it's looking that way.

I think it could be a really poor move for him.  City would suit him much more IMO.

I think it could be a really poor move for him.  City would suit him much more IMO.
He's obviousy chasing the money though. If Man City are pulling out a deal because the player is asking too much then there's something wrong.

5 minutes ago, Gazza_8 said:
7 minutes ago, craig said:

He's obviousy chasing the money though. If Man City are pulling out a deal because the player is asking too much then there's something wrong.

We kind of knew that anyway as there was plenty of talk in July & August that he was holding Arsenal to ransom over salary.

Man City are only pulling out on principle -- fair enough, but it is a business; it's also a bit arrogant: 'we've got Guardiola, we're pretty much guaranteed a title, come to us for less money'; Why!? The player was thought to have made a deal with them, informally. However, if Man Utd offer more money, why would Arsenal accept a lower offer, and why would the player accept less money? 

Gary Neville, on MNF, was suggesting it would cost them £100 Million anyway, with wages etc.; that's still cheap for Sanchez, even at 29, in this market.

I agree Man Utd would be a bad move; it just doesn't suit his game, playing for Mourinho. 

24 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I agree Man Utd would be a bad move; it just doesn't suit his game, playing for Mourinho. 

While I agree with this to an extent, I think Sanchez is more likely to play regularly at United than at City. Theres much much more competition for places in his position at City in my opinion.

Mourinho could have told him that at United he would build the team around him with his quality, which, lets be honest is not going to happen at City...

4 minutes ago, lenny3k said:

While I agree with this to an extent, I think Sanchez is more likely to play regularly at United than at City. Theres much much more competition for places in his position at City in my opinion.

Mourinho could have told him that at United he would build the team around him with his quality, which, lets be honest is not going to happen at City...

I hadn't thought of that, actually. While I don't think Utd would build a team around him -- he's 29 -- I agree he's pretty much guaranteed to start; not so much at City.

Sanchez has surely burned his boats, and he and Wenger have made James Hunts of each other. 

The loser will be Arsenal FC, whichever way you cut it, unless there is a bidding war between the heavy hitters -ManU, RM, PSG, rasellik- which seems doubtful.

6 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Sanchez has surely burned his boats, and he and Wenger have made James Hunts of each other. 

The loser will be Arsenal FC, whichever way you cut it, unless there is a bidding war between the heavy hitters -ManU, RM, PSG, rasellik- which seems doubtful.

Oh no... 

giphy.gif

("rasellik"! :roflmao:)