What Is Kris Boyd’s Problem?

5 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Naismith, (aye I know!), said he would play for nothing?, would he be a better option than being held to ransom by Killie?

Only in the sense that he'd walk into the first-team, but he's not a Left-midfielder. 

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

Only in the sense that he'd walk into the first-team, but he's not a Left-midfielder. 

Based on football and immediate effect Naismith would be the best option?, he can play on the left and has done many times

1 minute ago, ian1964 said:

Based on football and immediate effect Naismith would be the best option?, he can play on the left and has done many times

Has he? I thought he was a Right-midfielder (or off the striker), but I'll take your word for it.

If it's a straight choice, it's a ... "no-brainer". :facepalm: But that's purely hypothetical. :D 

IAN McCALL reckons Kilmarnock star Jordan Jones isn’t even worth HALF of the £350,000 Rangers offered.

Steve Clarke warned Gers yesterday that they can forget about landing Jones on the cheap after slapping a £1million price tag on the winger

The Killie boss was backed up by Kris Boyd, who claimed his former club have a long history of unsettling players by making derisory offers for them.

But Ayr United gaffer McCall reckons the Ibrox club were far too generous with their opening bid for the Northern Ireland cap.

McCall – who played for Rangers in the late 80’s – told BBC Sportsound: “I think they’re well off the mark…I’d pay £150,000 for him!

“No, listen he’s got modern football, he can run, he’s got pace

“I’ve seen him in one game when he played against us. He was their main threat but he didn’t really do anything, there was no end product I didn’t think.

“But he’s got pace and he plays out wide. But for me to pay £350k…

“It’s not a lot of money, but it is in Scottish football.”

While McCall isn’t a fan of Jones, the ex-Dundee United and Partick Thistle manager has been impressed with Graeme Murty’s transfer business so far this month

Russell Martin, Jason Cummings, Jamie Murphy and Sean Goss have all checked-in on loan, while Jones and Hamilton’s Greg Docherty remain targets.

McCall added: “Rangers just seem to be doing pretty safe and decent business.

“It seems to have been thought out a little bit.

Hmmm, no I don't think so. The only club unsettling everyone is Kilmarnock, slapping 1Million on a players head. Dangerous game to play as it'll cause the Lads agent to ask the Club why his client is valued at 1 million but getting paid buttons.

Passing on Naismith will bite us on the arse. Unless he's completely finished he's twice as good as anyone we've signed this window. Kyle Lafferty is beyond useless and he's still rattled home 11 for Hearts this season, which shows the level we're playing at. I don't know what contract Naismith's on, but perhaps if he plays well he ends up back where he belongs this summer.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

7 hours ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

Passing on Naismith will bite us on the arse. Unless he's completely finished he's twice as good as anyone we've signed this window. Kyle Lafferty is beyond useless and he's still rattled home 11 for Hearts this season, which shows the level we're playing at. I don't know what contract Naismith's on, but perhaps if he plays well he ends up back where he belongs this summer.

After the last games against the Hivs, Savco and the Sheep - the top teams in the country, we are playing at a higher than any of them.

As far as Naismith is concerned, he was my favourite player. Then, in our darkest hours, when we needed him most, the wee coward ran away, shouting the most successful club in Scotland with a world record five stars didn't exist anymore.

Now I know there's some who would say I should forgive and forget, so, ok, let's get him back to Ibrox this summer to where he belongs - cleaning the lavvies.