Russell Martin Joins Gers

I'm confident, Russell, like Clint before him, will give much needed heart and soul for the club - something I also expected from Bruno but somehow he always managed to leave them at the airport in Portugal when boarding the plane for Scotland.

Welcome to Rangers, Martin!

I think we've ruined it for ourselves with the expectation we've place on Alves. I would argue he's been a very good player for us: wins every ball in the air, tough tackler, reads the game well, can hit superb long-passes and he is a leader; what more do we actually need? 

Martin will be similar, but we've not placed the same expectation on him so we'll probably think he's a superstar after his first tough tackle!     

48 minutes ago, craig said:

That's just nonsense.

At the time we were signing guys like Butcher and even Gough & Amoruso, Scottish football was as rich as the English leagues.  The advent of Sky and their bottomless supply of money to the English game has resulted in even mediocre players preferring to stay in England because the money is far better there.

FFS, League One players are getting paid more than our biggest earners - yet you are trying to compare then and now with Norwich and Rangers ?

Get a sense of reality at least.

Well said mate:thup:

He'll probably breeze through Scottish football but signing a guy who can't get a game for Norwich is just embarrassing. Remember the days when we were signing Butcher, Gough, Amoruso etc? Fuck sake.
Just like that Davie Weir player too. On the fringes of the Everton 1st team and we signed him. What a disaster that turned out to be.

On 20/01/2018 at 14:52, craig said:

That's just nonsense.

At the time we were signing guys like Butcher and even Gough & Amoruso, Scottish football was as rich as the English leagues.  The advent of Sky and their bottomless supply of money to the English game has resulted in even mediocre players preferring to stay in England because the money is far better there.

FFS, League One players are getting paid more than our biggest earners - yet you are trying to compare then and now with Norwich and Rangers ?

Get a sense of reality at least.

Given the support we have I think we should at least be the level of a solid Europa side, or even regular CL group stage competitors. Would such a team be signing a Norwich reject? No chance.