[FT] Fraserburgh 0 - 3 Rangers (Windass 15pen, 55, 67)

On 01/02/2018 at 16:35, ian1964 said:

RANGERS have been contacted by a number of supporters regarding them being refused entry to last night’s match at Fraserburgh.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/club-statement-84/

My dad didn't get in.  The SLO missed most of the match as he was outside trying to assist.

The Police/stewards wouldn't even let those outside in when Rangers fans left at half time, which seems ridiculous.  

Nightmare going from just North of the Border (14 miles, to be exact) all the way up to Fraserburgh and not getting in - his ticket was 100% genuine too.  

2 hours ago, Scott7 said:

A Broch insider told me yesterday that the attitude of Rangers players and management had been excellent and much appreciated by Fraserburgh. He reckoned Rangers win was comfortable.

This guy is a comparitively rare creature - a native non RC north easter who supports celtic.  Footballing reasons only. Having said that, I know another one. Both decent blokes

Alas those creatures are not that rare in these parts Baptist Kirks and Brethren Halls being veritable viper's nests.

Did get a couple of Broch end tickets for the RSC off one though :ph34r:

6 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

My dad didn't get in.  The SLO missed most of the match as he was outside trying to assist.

The Police/stewards wouldn't even let those outside in when Rangers fans left at half time, which seems ridiculous.  

Nightmare going from just North of the Border (14 miles, to be exact) all the way up to Fraserburgh and not getting in - his ticket was 100% genuine too.  

The police and stewards sure acted mostly with regards to safety issues. Had any of the stands been over-crowded and something had happened, hell would have been unleashed upon the stewards et al by exactly the same people who wanted in.

I fully understand the sentiments of those chaps, but turn the tables and try reason to evaluate the situation and you will agree.

You would hope that Rangers / Fraserburgh will refund the tickets and, e.g. if there is a ballot for the Ayr (or any future cup away) game those left outside in Fraserburgh get first pick.

Another option would be personalized tickets, but that is more difficult to manage, not least in places like Fraserburgh.

Edited by der Berliner

Health and Safety pish and claim culture do my nut in.

One in, one out.  If someone falls over, he takes responsibility for himself.   Someone has travelled a few hundred miles and doesn't get in due to stewards not doing their jobs properly.  Not on.

Edited by Gonzo79

51 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Health and Safety pish and claim culture do my nut in.

One in, one out.  If someone falls over, he takes responsibility for himself.   Someone has travelled a few hundred miles and doesn't get in due to stewards not doing their jobs properly.  Not on.

The Stewards did their job as did the Police.

Each ticket number was checked off as each ticket was proffered and once the capacity was reached the gate was closed.

Now there's a valid argument that the tickets should have had greater security features and been harder to forge and I certainly agree with that because once the tickets were released it was clear there was going to a problem with forgeries but the fault with that lays with the football authorities who approved the tickets. The SPFL on several occasions on our journey through the Leagues organised the printing of tickets from Clubs particularly after the Elgin debacle.

However it boils down to the fact it was Bears who knowingly f*&ked over other Bears it wasn't Fraserburgh FC, the Stewards or the Police who did that.

I have the utmost sympathy for every valid ticket holder who was unable to get into the Bellslea that night.

We don't know if Bears counterfeited the tickets?  Is everyone at the printers a Bear?  Or everyone who works at the Rangers ticket office?  I doubt it.

And it was known counterfeit tickets were around (someone told my dad about it at tea time on Wednesday), so it could be argued that the stewards/Police didn't do their job.

Edited by Gonzo79

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

We don't know if Bears counterfeited the tickets?  Is everyone at the printers a Bear?  Or everyone who works at the Rangers ticket office?  I doubt it.

And it was known counterfeit tickets were around (someone told my dad about it at tea time on Wednesday), so it could be argued that the stewards/Police didn't do their job.

And you sure have some good suggestions handy how to do that? In a place like Fraserburgh on that night? As FS has said, the football authorities need to make sure that tickets are "safe".

Rest assured, had they let in people despite this fiasco and someone in an over crowded area had crushed your dad, you would have set hell lose at the stewards and police for letting it happen ... and rightly so.

Edited by der Berliner

They would have been aware counterfeit tickets were in circulation, so the checks on the gates should have been more stringent.  

If you operate a one in, one out policy and there was no crushing at kick off, I doubt there would be any crushing at any point.  Unless you only let skinny people out and fat people in.  Common sense is, of course, discarded when football fans are around.  Treated like cattle whilst paying through the nose for it.  

Edited by Gonzo79