Pacific Quay Musings?

I read on one of 26th's posts that Craig Fowler now does some work for PQ.

The angle his most recent article at the Scotsman takes would tend to suggest he needs some brownie points with the PQ heid yins after no Celtic players were up for the YPOTY award.

It's titled... How Motherwell and future Rangers winger Jake Hastie grabbed a YPOTY nomination

and it goes on to question why Hastie was nominated.

It questions the voting process, how seriously players take it when carrying out their research before voting and states foreign players get a raw deal because they aren't considered young (inference is think Ajer) !!!....I kid you not :eek2:

Full article @

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/rangers/how-motherwell-and-future-rangers-winger-jake-hastie-grabbed-a-ypoty-nomination-1-4919749

Fowler does a programme "A view from the terrace" on the new BBC Scotland channel. They say he is a Hearts supporter and not a Rangers hater but I have my doubts about the second part. Any time I read or heard his stuff in the Herald it was pretty Rangers negative.

25 minutes ago, pete said:

Fowler does a programme "A view from the terrace" on the new BBC Scotland channel. They say he is a Hearts supporter and not a Rangers hater but I have my doubts about the second part. Any time I read or heard his stuff in the Herald it was pretty Rangers negative.

I thought he was fairly straight in that respect but for me the premise I'm pointing towards is that a young journalist making their way in the modern world will tend to take the path of least resistance when it comes to their output (Newspapers used to be mainly about news and there was an opinion column for opinion. Now, too many outlets are all about opinion/slant and broadcast/print very little objective news).

In today's Scotland, that means Rangers are an easy target and at PQ, it means if you want to get on, then, they are the target.

I thought Ewan Cameron's observation about Tom English and some of the subsequent twitter conversation to be interesting and worth considering. That PQ tend to very often cover football with a political campaign like angle when others look to cover mainly the sport.

Edited by buster.

The View from the Terrace is on BBC Scotland's new second channel, 23.00hrs on Friday nights. It is recorded on Wednesday evenings, they need a couple of days to edit the hours of film. The presentation of the show is four to five guys sitting on opposing settees talking all aspects of Scottish football. It is divided into a dozen short segments, each a different discussion topic eg 'secret sauce' ie the player in your team that his a hidden gem.

The four guys are Craig Telfer(Stenhousemuir), Craig Fowler(Hearts), Joel Sked(Hearts), and Shaughan McGuigan(Raith Rovers). The fifth presenter handling social media highlights is Robert Borthwick(Hearts I think). The over arching chap that commissioned the show is also a Jambo.

The content of the show is mainly very good and informative. There is a good emphasis on lower leagues, a bit geeky but they know their stuff. They've had a few digs at Rangers and Rangers supporters, but hey it's BBC Scotland, it's a rites of passage thing. James Cook is the precedent. Further, they stick it on ra Sellik too, but not Sellik supporters so far, but hey it's BBC Scotland.

Genuine criticism is that it comes across as a bit too middle class, five thirty-something graduates with a sense of entitlement.

Reference Craig Fowler, he has made a cnut of himself twice so far. A couple of weeks past, he did a piece on Greg Stewart being a wonderful player on the show(remember recorded on Wednesday), the next day it's announced he is signing for us, by Friday he utilises the Scotsman on line to stick it on Greg Stewart ie good at Killie, bad at Aberdeen and Birmingham. He also was adamant that Gerrard had only improved Rangers by the merest margin. The latest Hastie thing indicates Fowler is clearly rawkin' the James Cook vibe, grasping aspirations trumps all.

If the show gets a second season next term, I suspect it will take over from Cosgrove and Cowan.

24 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

The View from the Terrace is on BBC Scotland's new second channel, 23.00hrs on Friday nights. It is recorded on Wednesday evenings, they need a couple of days to edit the hours of film. The presentation of the show is four to five guys sitting on opposing settees talking all aspects of Scottish football. It is divided into a dozen short segments, each a different discussion topic eg 'secret sauce' ie the player in your team that his a hidden gem.

The four guys are Craig Telfer(Stenhousemuir), Craig Fowler(Hearts), Joel Sked(Hearts), and Shaughan McGuigan(Raith Rovers). The fifth presenter handling social media highlights is Robert Borthwick(Hearts I think). The over arching chap that commissioned the show is also a Jambo.

The content of the show is mainly very good and informative. There is a good emphasis on lower leagues, a bit geeky but they know their stuff. They've had a few digs at Rangers and Rangers supporters, but hey it's BBC Scotland, it's a rites of passage thing. James Cook is the precedent. Further, they stick it on ra Sellik too, but not Sellik supporters so far, but hey it's BBC Scotland.

Genuine criticism is that it comes across as a bit too middle class, five thirty-something graduates with a sense of entitlement.

Reference Craig Fowler, he has made a cnut of himself twice so far. A couple of weeks past, he did a piece on Greg Stewart being a wonderful player on the show(remember recorded on Wednesday), the next day it's announced he is signing for us, by Friday he utilises the Scotsman on line to stick it on Greg Stewart ie good at Killie, bad at Aberdeen and Birmingham. He also was adamant that Gerrard had only improved Rangers by the merest margin. The latest Hastie thing indicates Fowler is clearly rawkin' the James Cook vibe, grasping aspirations trumps all.

If the show gets a second season next term, I suspect it will take over from Cosgrove and Cowan.

I tried to watch the first episode but I largely found it dull and I had severe lack of interest in a lot of the discussion.  I think this reflects my attitude towards Scottish football in general, lamentably.   But then, when I think back, I havent watched a full 90 minutes of any match except ours for several years now.  

50 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Thank's for that !

I've not been able to see it where I am.

I can't see Cosgrove and Cowan leaving the building anytime soon. 

Even when Cos heads to the grave, I'd wager he'll have previously found a technology to have his own prior recordings used when trigger words come up on the show.

I thought it was getting tired and repetitive a while back but instead of changing presenters or format, PQ added an extra post-match programme for the pair, increasing their Saturday airtime to 3 and half hours, 300 minutes. That's comparable to an Opeus Dei tool for self-punishment #cilice

Edited by buster.

Speaking to a mate yesterday, he reads Gersnet. He pointed out that last Sunday, BBC Radio Scotland's coverage of events at Ibrox from the PQ Gang Hut, ended eight minutes after the referee's final whistle. They went to the Five O'Clock news and did not return. Further, there was no post match interview with Dandy Dons Boss, Derek McInnes. After the Scottish Cup replay in March, Derek was interviewed by the Beeb bat phone, and coverage was extended to more than an hour after the finish of the game.

Can it be true, the only opposition manager interviewed at Ibrox post match this whole season, is Derek McInnes?

License fee paying Scottish football supporters should be demanding more.

Beeb Scotland are promising more live coverage from the Gang Hut, of today's match against Hibs. I suspect their mood at the end of the game dictates the extent of post match coverage and whether the opposition gaffer receives a call?