Herald on today’s pitch invasion

1 hr ago

Video: Rangers fans defend 'pitch invasion' during win over Ross County

Martin Williams  @MWilliamsHTSenior News Reporter
Video: Rangers fans defend 'pitch invasion' during Ross County win

Video: Rangers fans defend 'pitch invasion' during Ross County win

RANGERS supporters have defended fans who ran onto the pitch to celebrate a goal in the club's 2-1 victory at Ross County.

A number of fans tumbled onto the pitch and jumped on Jason Cummings after he scored his first goal for the club triggering concerns by some of a police investigation.

John Cummings who has just arrived on loan from Nottingham Forest came off the substitute's bench to score in the latter stages of the clash with Ross County and fans couldn't contain their celebrations and jumped onto the pitch.

Fans of other clubs were quick to take to social media to criticise.

But Rangers fans defended the incursion.

HeraldScotland:

Cummings goal was the second for Rangers in the 2-1 win.

He helped fire Rangers back up to second place after making his mark five minutes after replacing Alfredo Morelos.

12 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Over exhuberance, nothing else, the precedence has already been set

18 minutes ago, barca72 said:

I think in the past this behaviour has been described by other clubs as 'over-exhuberance'. Nothing to be concerned about.

I thought the fans were tossers to be honest, jeez it’s Ross County not Barcelona. But you both make a very good point, there’s nothing the football authorities can do after Fir Park and Hampden.

"John Cummings"?  Yet more spectacular journalism.

The fans were just enjoying themselves, no harm done.  

If thousands of Hibs fans are allowed to run on the pitch and goad us, I don't think a handful of Bears celebrating with our own players deserves much attention.

3 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

I thought the fans were tossers to be honest, jeez it’s Ross County not Barcelona. But you both make a very good point, there’s nothing the football authorities can do after Fir Park and Hampden.

Young eejits! no harm done! it is allowed now isn't it?:D

I wish the fans would stick to older songs and ditch the Ultra efforts.  Watched the cup tie in Cardiff after our game and half the songs sounded the same.  

We have the greatest songbook going...no need to nick generic songs from anywhere else.